facebook.com office in asia

• (2 Pages)
  • +

15 Replies - 1689 Views - Last Post: 02 April 2010 - 01:38 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Facebook opens office in Asia - the very first

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:45 PM

We got a news that Facebook is now going to open up an office in Asia.. Very first Asian office
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Facebook opens office in Asia - the very first

• Like a lollipop
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Facebook opens office in Asia - the very first

Posted 16 March 2010 - 04:57 AM

Facebook sucks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:38 AM

if you got nothing to add to a conversation then simply don't post it. This isn't in the Lounge :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Like a lollipop
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:06 PM

sorry :(
Lots of IT companies have offices in Asia. Spec. in India if i hear correct. Maybe it is cheaper for them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:39 PM

Facebook as well as other companies do offshores to cut costs and also to have multi-lingual support. And this is a good move for them.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Like a lollipop
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:14 AM

it is better move for the countries in Asia too. it is fresh investments for them and the ppl that will eventually work for this firms will have better life style. and as a programmers it is a very nice opportunity.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:10 PM

I am always surprised how many of you choose to live in america. programming is work that can be done from anywhere- why live there? come to asia, live in paradise, code all night, sit at the beach drinking toddy or laokao all day (or find some other hobby, like coding), and laugh at the rat race that you used to be in.

Also, this thread makes it sound like facebook has brought civilization to the barbarian lands by bringing the first office *ever* to asia. This could be phrased better.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#8 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:30 PM

View PostChoscura, on 31 March 2010 - 02:10 PM, said:

I am always surprised how many of you choose to live in america. programming is work that can be done from anywhere- why live there? come to asia, live in paradise, code all night, sit at the beach drinking toddy or laokao all day (or find some other hobby, like coding), and laugh at the rat race that you used to be in.

Also, this thread makes it sound like facebook has brought civilization to the barbarian lands by bringing the first office *ever* to asia. This could be phrased better.

Some how I doubt this view of work. I mean I do that here - code all day, and hookers - blow - alcohol all night... Wake up, shower, repeat.

Additionally saying something like "come to asia" makes no sense. There's quite a bit of land mass there.. it would be akin to saying "come to the americas"... that would cover everything from the Arctic Circle to the Cape Horn.

Regarding them opening the office - it's in India. While in "asia" I really don't count them as Asian. Different food restaurants.

The significance is Facebook is going to be actively supporting and engaging in the "Asian region"... Not a bad move..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Hater & Lover

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:09 PM

I am always surprised how many of you choose to live in america.

Because that makes sense, especially when you say

programming is work that can be done from anywhere

right after

I like America because there aren't road side bombings.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:31 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 31 March 2010 - 12:30 PM, said:

Some how I doubt this view of work. I mean I do that here - code all day, and hookers - blow - alcohol all night... Wake up, shower, repeat.

Additionally saying something like "come to asia" makes no sense. There's quite a bit of land mass there.. it would be akin to saying "come to the americas"... that would cover everything from the Arctic Circle to the Cape Horn.

Regarding them opening the office - it's in India. While in "asia" I really don't count them as Asian. Different food restaurants.

The significance is Facebook is going to be actively supporting and engaging in the "Asian region"... Not a bad move..

You watch. You're going to end up here, probably in Pattaya but possibly in Koh Samui or Hua Hin.

View PostTheaegd, on 31 March 2010 - 01:09 PM, said:

I am always surprised how many of you choose to live in america.

Because that makes sense, especially when you say

programming is work that can be done from anywhere

right after

I like America because there aren't road side bombings.

Right, I completely lost perspective on this after 4 years of no news of <national> school shootings, cult compounds, car bombs, and militant christian armies.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#11 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

View PostChoscura, on 31 March 2010 - 03:31 PM, said:

View Postmodi123_1, on 31 March 2010 - 12:30 PM, said:

You watch. You're going to end up here, probably in Pattaya but possibly in Koh Samui or Hua Hin.

I'm not even sure what that means? Is that some how a responsive discussion point to anything I wrote? A little clarity would be nice.

I think you are going to end up in Boystownwith Father Flanagan! Huzzah! Take that! (the Boystown in Nebraska... not the other faker locations).

This post has been edited by modi123_1: 31 March 2010 - 02:35 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 Guest_marq*

Posted 01 April 2010 - 02:18 AM

Why do you quarrel guys? It's just an FYI. take it or leave it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

#13 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 April 2010 - 07:27 AM

View Postmarq, on 01 April 2010 - 03:18 AM, said:

Why do you quarrel guys? It's just an FYI. take it or leave it.

Quarrel? Really? That's all you got? Lame... hella lame even.

I quarrel for information, discussion, mental banter, and the sheer fun of forcing people to justify the things they say and the actions they take.

So what's your take on this whole business, mr. guesty-guest? Where should all US programmers flee to?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 01 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

I was implying that you'd figure out that booze blow and blowjobs are cheaper and of higher quality in the above-mentioned locations. That and you seem the type to enjoy the national sport of thailand: tranny spotting. Basically you go, sit in a bar, get really drunk, and try to figure out which girls aren't girls and which guys aren't guys (because both ways are pretty common here).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 April 2010 - 01:19 PM

View PostChoscura, on 01 April 2010 - 01:38 PM, said:

I was implying that you'd figure out that booze blow and blowjobs are cheaper and of higher quality in the above-mentioned locations. That and you seem the type to enjoy the national sport of thailand: tranny spotting. Basically you go, sit in a bar, get really drunk, and try to figure out which girls aren't girls and which guys aren't guys (because both ways are pretty common here).

I was pretty certain tranny-spotting was Australia's past time since Paul Hogan showed the world through the documentary of 'Crocodile Dundee'.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +