New Idea for an Online Game

• (2 Pages)
  • +

25 Replies - 1610 Views - Last Post: 23 March 2010 - 08:17 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Interesting Game Idea

Posted 16 March 2010 - 08:05 PM

Hey Guys! im new to the forum so i'd first like to start out with saying hi to everyone, pleasure to be here, hope i can be an influence in anyway possible. Positively that is. Now i have a few things that have been on my mind lately that'd i'd love to share with you all.
Firstly, friends and i have been playing you know, Common MMORPG's and to be honest, we're just not satisfied. The constant grind, the lack of change, its just all the same, and there's no differences that i really see when i pick a different one.
For starters, i have no coding knowledge whatsoever nor do i really know anyone capable of coding, yet i have an idea i've been toying with for an online game that i think would be extremely interesting. If you're all willing to hear me out, or able to help in some way then PM me saying you'd like to hear of my idea. i don't want to openly share it in this topic, because i've had cases previously of me sharing ideas and getting them taken by people more competent in coding and such than I.

If you have any further questions about me, or want to discuss something in here, just simply reply to this. I apologize if i posted in the wrong section, or have broken a rule, but i went through the forums and rules and hope i followed everything correctly. thank you for reading this, hope there's someone out there who's interested in my idea. this looked like the strongest code forum i could find, so i took my ideas here. hopefully you guys are as badass as you look :]
thanks again.
-Night!

Edit: just realizing that i cannot send PM's to people until after 10 posts, if you wish to know, simply PM me your email, and i will send you an email back and we'll have our conversation through emails. If you're uncomfortable with sharing your email, then say otherwise on here and ill think up an alternative. thanks.

This post has been edited by NightWing: 16 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Interesting Game Idea

• No idea why my code works
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Interesting Game Idea

Posted 17 March 2010 - 08:12 AM

You can get your post count up in the caffeine lounge like everyone else.

While I dont want to discourage you, I just want you to realize that common MMORPG's out these days, have thousands of man hours and teams that worked together for a long time in order to develop them. Also unless you plan on design the vast majority of the game, and I mean level design, character design, back stories, quests, etc... your lack of programming knowledge makes you seem kinda undesirable as a team member. I tell you this because we get a lot of "make a MMO like WoW but better kthnkxbye." I applaud you for the decency of using full sentences.

So two options you have, is look around for a small company that will take your idea and with a contract will protect your Intellectual Property (IP). Or you can just share your idea on the forums and have fun discussing it.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 March 2010 - 11:19 AM

View PostSwiftStriker00, on 17 March 2010 - 07:12 AM, said:

You can get your post count up in the caffeine lounge like everyone else.

While I dont want to discourage you, I just want you to realize that common MMORPG's out these days, have thousands of man hours and teams that worked together for a long time in order to develop them. Also unless you plan on design the vast majority of the game, and I mean level design, character design, back stories, quests, etc... your lack of programming knowledge makes you seem kinda undesirable as a team member. I tell you this because we get a lot of "make a MMO like WoW but better kthnkxbye." I applaud you for the decency of using full sentences.

So two options you have, is look around for a small company that will take your idea and with a contract will protect your Intellectual Property (IP). Or you can just share your idea on the forums and have fun discussing it.

How do i go about the first option? and thanks :] i think.
haha. Sure i'll hit up the cafe to get my count up. i also would like to know, maybe which code would be best for the plan i have? because i don't just want to be the idea jockey, i think it'd be better if i could actually do some of the work instead of just thinking up the easy part.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• CEO of GeekTelligence
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:12 PM

I am interested to find out more about your idea do you have AIM?
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:33 PM

View Postcomptechexpert, on 17 March 2010 - 12:12 PM, said:

I am interested to find out more about your idea do you have AIM?

For anyone interested :
AIM: ang3lb3low@aim.com
gmail: ang3lb3low@gmail.com
hotmail: ang3lb3low@hotmail.com
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• CEO of GeekTelligence
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:58 PM

I will be in contact with you tomorrow.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:09 PM

View Postcomptechexpert, on 17 March 2010 - 01:58 PM, said:

I will be in contact with you tomorrow.

Alright. that'll give me time to put my ideas down. i'm currently talking them over with two of my friends.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• CEO of GeekTelligence
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:41 AM

I will contact you today on AIM?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:22 AM

I have a group you can join and you can share your ideas. We can run that project in parallel to Crimson Cadre, but it is for n00bs, so no one there really knows anything about MMOs. It's all about the learning experience and stuff. The site is pretty.... eh.... it needs work, I know, but if you join I'll let you see the hidden stuff.

And don't post your email and stuff on the forums because bots can get it and spam you guys.

Also, if you're sick of the level grinding crap like WoW, try DDO. Sure, it's Dungeons and Dragons, but it kicks ass and forces you to quest for xp and move forward. You can't just kill a bunch of monsters for xp because you don't really get xp from monsters, and usually you get a penalty for being too high a level in a certain quest anyways. And if you repeat the quest you get xp penalty until you get 0 xp for it. They sort of force you to move on.

This post has been edited by NeoTifa: 18 March 2010 - 08:27 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:53 AM

Well the biggie topic.. pay? work hours? deadline? Are any of these planned out?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:53 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 18 March 2010 - 07:53 AM, said:

Well the biggie topic.. pay? work hours? deadline? Are any of these planned out?

No. i hadn't thought that far i was just trying to establish whether it would even be a good idea to go with or not. just wanted some feedback .-.

View PostNeoTifa, on 18 March 2010 - 07:22 AM, said:

I have a group you can join and you can share your ideas. We can run that project in parallel to Crimson Cadre, but it is for n00bs, so no one there really knows anything about MMOs. It's all about the learning experience and stuff. The site is pretty.... eh.... it needs work, I know, but if you join I'll let you see the hidden stuff.

And don't post your email and stuff on the forums because bots can get it and spam you guys.

Also, if you're sick of the level grinding crap like WoW, try DDO. Sure, it's Dungeons and Dragons, but it kicks ass and forces you to quest for xp and move forward. You can't just kill a bunch of monsters for xp because you don't really get xp from monsters, and usually you get a penalty for being too high a level in a certain quest anyways. And if you repeat the quest you get xp penalty until you get 0 xp for it. They sort of force you to move on.

I'd love to. you said this group has a site? I would take its a forum, amirite? :D lol. hit me up.

This post has been edited by NightWing: 18 March 2010 - 12:54 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 March 2010 - 12:58 PM

Yea, projectn00b.forumotion.net *ad whoring* :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:02 PM

View PostNeoTifa, on 18 March 2010 - 11:58 AM, said:

Yea, projectn00b.forumotion.net *ad whoring* :D

I like the kitty. lol. how many active people usually?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:04 PM

5-6. We have a lot of people who drop by occassionally and give feedback or are on the backburner til we start programming, but 5-6 for the most part. Actually, no2pencil just likes to commentate lol so make it like 4-5. XD
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:21 PM

View PostNeoTifa, on 18 March 2010 - 12:04 PM, said:

5-6. We have a lot of people who drop by occassionally and give feedback or are on the backburner til we start programming, but 5-6 for the most part. Actually, no2pencil just likes to commentate lol so make it like 4-5. XD

So let me get this straight,
you guys are currently programming your own game right,
and then you'd help me afterwards? or you're just giving me feedback and such.
Just trying to establish whats going on :P
and what game are you guys making?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +