0 Replies - 535 Views - Last Post: 19 March 2010 - 04:24 PM Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Crazydog*

Control.Invoke help

Posted 19 March 2010 - 04:24 PM

I just started programming in C# at the beginning of this week, so bear with me. :P

Anyway, I'm creating a .NET compact framework program for Windows Mobile 6.1. I have some processes that I have running in threads, and I have a couple progress bars to show their progress.

I'm aware that since the progress bar was created outside of the thread, I need to use Control.Invoke to interact with it. I'm just having a horrible time trying to wrap my brain around the concept. I've read multiple tutorials, looked at many examples, but I just can't figure it out.

What I'm trying to do, from within the thread, is 1) Set the maximum of the progress bar
updating_data_bar.Maximum = badgelinksNum;

And change the value as the process runs
updating_data_bar.Value = lines;

and of course, all these lines throw NotSupportedExceptions since I'm trying to interact with the progress bar, which is running on a separate thread from the process that calls those members.

Could someone walk me through this using my specific needs? I'm hoping if I see this done in a specific instance that I recognize, I'd be able to repeat it in the future.

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Page 1 of 1