Internet Project: VPN Connection mounting Drive (Update)

Mounting VPN Server Shared drive on client PC and monitor activity

Page 1 of 1

5 Replies - 7605 Views - Last Post: 19 February 2010 - 03:39 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Internet Project: VPN Connection mounting Drive (Update)

Post icon  Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:01 AM

Well i have been writting a program for creating a vpn connection on a client computer, then connect the vpn by the username and password to be provided by the client computer, then the software should mount a drive for a shared directory (the shared directory name would have the same name as the client username with full read write access) from the vpn server,ti should monitor the traffic of file usage on the drive and store it in a mysql database online.

1. I have already written codes for creating the Vpn connection
2. I have already written codes for connection the vpn through my application using the rasdial.ocx (v1.4)

(Updates 3 and 4)
3. I have already written codes for mapping a drive on the client pc.

4. Everthing is working fine till now, i just have to write codes to monitor the Connection and save it to my mysql server. I already got hints to do it too.

(New Problem)

5. Now i am getting a severe problem, when i am connected to the vpn i can read write from the drive, however i cant browse the internet internet from my existing lan connection, i can browse my network but not the internet.

So can anyone help me for that. I need that urgently.

This post has been edited by Nitish4uall: 30 May 2006 - 01:45 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Internet Project: VPN Connection mounting Drive (Update)

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Internet Project: VPN Connection mounting Drive (Update)

Posted 27 June 2006 - 12:48 AM

I'm not sure where to do this in software but in your network connection options in the TCP/IP Advanced settings you can check/uncheck a box that is labeled "Use default gateway on remote network" and thats exactly what you need
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:30 PM

Hi,

i've been trying to open a vpn connection and i was wondering how did you do it, i've been trying a few things and looking on the net and didn't find it.

If you could help or just point me in the right direction it be helpful.

Thanks

slayer ...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:56 AM

Well, the default setting when making a VPN is to use the remote host as a gateway. When that happens, you choose to make the VPN server your "internet connection." There's a setting in your VPN connection under "Network Connections" that you turn off where you keep your existing gateway. (It's under "Advanced" when you double-click TCP/IP settings.)

I'm VERY new to this site. So, my skills aren't quite up to most people's par on the programming side, but this at least seems to be your problem on the networking side. I'm not sure how you would implement this in your code, but hopefully it helps when understanding how to make the connection.

BTW, what language are you using for this? I'm getting ready to start a project that would involve a VPN connection and would LOVE any kinda input. Everyone decided on VB6 for some reason. (Old farts!)

Thanks in advance,
Brewsky
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 Guest_ashutoshd*

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:06 AM

Can you please provide the java snippet for vpn connection at ****REMOVED EMAIL ADDRESS****. Thanks in advance.

View PostNitish4uall, on 25 May 2006 - 11:01 PM, said:

Well i have been writting a program for creating a vpn connection on a client computer, then connect the vpn by the username and password to be provided by the client computer, then the software should mount a drive for a shared directory (the shared directory name would have the same name as the client username with full read write access) from the vpn server,ti should monitor the traffic of file usage on the drive and store it in a mysql database online.

1. I have already written codes for creating the Vpn connection
2. I have already written codes for connection the vpn through my application using the rasdial.ocx (v1.4)

(Updates 3 and 4)
3. I have already written codes for mapping a drive on the client pc.

4. Everthing is working fine till now, i just have to write codes to monitor the Connection and save it to my mysql server. I already got hints to do it too.

(New Problem)

5. Now i am getting a severe problem, when i am connected to the vpn i can read write from the drive, however i cant browse the internet internet from my existing lan connection, i can browse my network but not the internet.

So can anyone help me for that. I need that urgently.

This post has been edited by JackOfAllTrades: 19 February 2010 - 06:09 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0

• Like a lollipop
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:39 AM

first: it is wrong forum post in java forum to get better help.
second: necro posting is against the forum rules.

third: we will not do your home work or work projects etc.

This post has been edited by NoBrain: 19 February 2010 - 03:40 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1