Brought to you by: </Dream.In.Code> Signature Of The Month Competition!
Programmers spend much of their time with noses buried in lines of code but there are other aspects to program development! This week's challenge is to exercise your artistic side and explore the graphic design aspects of application, web, or game development!
- Design an Icon set for your favorite application.
- Story Board User Interface for an Application or Web Site
- Story Board An Opening Cut Sequence to a Game
- Create a 2D Character
- Create a 3D Character Model
- Create a set of Textures/Tiles for a game map.
- Create a Personal Logo, Avatar, or Banner for yourself or another member.
- Create custom glyphs for a font based upon your favorite movie/game.
- Doodle a page of charactertures of DIC members
- Create some ASCII art: (¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
Whatever you do, try something new and/or challenging outside of your normal comfort zone.
And HAVE FUN!
FREE TOOLS TO GET STARTED:
- : The GIMP -- An image editor
- : InkScape -- A vector graphics editor
- : Blender -- 3D Modeling software
WHERE TO GO FOR HELP:
DIC Graphic Design Forum.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR DONE:
When you are done respond to this thread and attach what you have done (or a link) and tell us about the experiences.
What Tools did you use?
How long did it take?
What inspired you?