3 Replies - 2544 Views - Last Post: 28 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

#1 Guest_Lindsey*

Flash not working in IE, Opera, Safari, works GREAT in Firefox, Netsca

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:05 PM

I created a swf. file to change images when the viewer rolls over the navigation buttons on the page. If the viewer is not hovering over the navigation the images scroll on their own.

Everything is working fine in Firefox and Navigator, but is not in IE, Opera, or Safari.

Here is a link to the test page I have uploaded to my server.

http://www.coredesig...o.com/HE_Flash/

If you have any suggestions as to how I can get the page to work in the browsers it is not I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: Flash not working in IE, Opera, Safari, works GREAT in Firefox, Netsca

#2 Guest_Scoobie Snack*

Re: Flash not working in IE, Opera, Safari, works GREAT in Firefox, Netsca

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:48 AM

Hey there,

I don't know if you solved the problem but I have just tested your site with Google Chrome, IE8, Safari, Opera and FF and it works perfectly on all of them.
I love the design of your site and the photos are really engaging. A great (and working) site!
Was This Post Helpful? 0

#3 Craig328  Icon User is online

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

I don't have all those browsers but I do have FF3, IE8 and Safari (via Lunascape). The rollover effects you want worked immediately in FF3. They did not work immediately in IE8 or Safari...but after a few seconds, they did.

My guess is that the .swf file begins to play before it is fully loaded. Only once all the images are loaded does the mouseover button effects begin to work for IE and Safari. Don't know why that would be but the bottom line is that they did begin to work on IE and Safari but only after a brief delay.

Hope that helps you track down the issue. Good luck!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:31 PM

I also checked it using Safari and FF 3.6. It worked faster in FF, but did work in Safari. I would change the Flash to preload everything before. I also like the site. Very nice look.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1