Digital Design

Simple circuit.

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 687 Views - Last Post: 16 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

#1 Guest_Brad*

Digital Design

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:26 PM

For class we have to do the following, could someone just confirm my solution is valid.

A digital systems design problem begins in many cases with the simple word description of the problem. The designer then translates this word description into formal design specifications and proceeds with the design. In light of the above statement, consider the following word description (Roth ’85).
A small corporation has 100 shares of stock, and each share entitles its owner to one vote at the stockholders meeting. Mr. Akins owns 10 shares, Mr. Barnes owns 20 shares, Mr. Clay owns 30 shares, and Mr. Drake owns 40 shares. A two-third majority is required to pass a measure at a stockholder’s meeting; each of the four men has a switch that he closes to vote yes for all his shares and opens to vote no for all his shares.
Task 1 – Develop the voting circuit
1. Create a digital circuit that turns on a light if a measure passes and turns the light off if the measure fails. Follow the procedure described in Laboratory Instructions (I.e., pre-lab design resulting in a report, in-lab implementation and test, and post-lab final report creation and submission).F Be sure you keep track of the time it takes perform each development step outlined in the Laboratory Instructions for use in Question 2c

A = 10% vote.
B = 20% vote.
C = 30% vote.
D = 40% vote.

If A, B, D are all on then output X. AND gate.
If C, D are on then output Y. AND gate.
If X or Y is a 1, then output P. OR gate.

1 represents a vote for. 0 is a vote against.
X, Y just variables. P means whatever was voted on passed.
Thanks for any input on this, my first time dealing with circuits at this level.

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: Digital Design

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Digital Design

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:57 AM

Looks like it would work to me.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Baller
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Digital Design

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

you could validate that yourself with a truth table, if you had to make that you should know what they are. If you are going to be working on more complex stuff I would download simetrix(free) and run simulations to validate your design.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1