4 Replies - 1479 Views - Last Post: 07 April 2010 - 05:13 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Blog without software

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:43 AM

So i'm trying to develop a website that lets an admin upload new news posts to a website on the homepage. I Don't want to just keep infinitely adding posts to the first page making it longer and longer but id like to have it so that it maybe displays the latest three post before you have to hit a button to see older posts. I'm sure this is a job easily handled by wordpress or drupal but is there a way to handle this without needing the extra software by using php to generate the page and storing the posts somewhere in a database. I'm writing this for a web programming class and i'd like to write as much of it myself as I can I feel using a bunch of premade tools and software would be a little frowned upon for the context of the class anyway. Any help is much appreciated.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Blog without software

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Blog without software

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:11 AM

You can write and create your own blog/cms without wordpress but it is a little redundant. Regardless there are several tutorials available and tons of information out there on the subject in Googleville.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2010 - 04:03 PM

View PostNykc, on 07 April 2010 - 10:11 AM, said:

You can write and create your own blog/cms without wordpress but it is a little redundant. Regardless there are several tutorials available and tons of information out there on the subject in Googleville.

Ok so I did a google for CMS instead of blog and wordpress and stuff and I think i'm on the right track thanks. any good websites would be helpful tho.

This post has been edited by En3myx0fxG0d: 07 April 2010 - 04:27 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Gentleman of Leisure
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:09 PM

php.net is always a good resource.

nettuts
php builder

Not sure how helpful these will be but they should at least get you a shove in the right direction. Several years back I did something similar, got as far as accepting comments and creating posts then got bored with it. Anyways there was a really good site out there and of course I have no clue what it was. (sorry) I do know diggin through Google you can probably stumble across it with the keywords like code php blog, php blog from scratch, php blog tutorial.

Good Luck! Hope this somewhat helps
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:13 PM

View PostNykc, on 07 April 2010 - 04:09 PM, said:

php.net is always a good resource.

nettuts
php builder

Not sure how helpful these will be but they should at least get you a shove in the right direction. Several years back I did something similar, got as far as accepting comments and creating posts then got bored with it. Anyways there was a really good site out there and of course I have no clue what it was. (sorry) I do know diggin through Google you can probably stumble across it with the keywords like code php blog, php blog from scratch, php blog tutorial.

Good Luck! Hope this somewhat helps

Big help. Thanks much
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1