12 Replies - 2714 Views - Last Post: 17 June 2006 - 02:38 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

how to create web site of my own

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:51 AM

Hi everyone ,

i have been thinking from years to launch a website of my own .

plz help me ..

1. tell the technologies involved .

2. how to proceed forwards step by step .

regards.

Abhishek Gupta.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: how to create web site of my own

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: how to create web site of my own

Posted 12 June 2006 - 06:58 AM

First you should learn html. (hyper-text mark-up language) There are many scripting languages for web pages but this one is the foundation for all of them. Start here,
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Proud supporter of the lulz
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:03 AM

View PostIsrael, on 12 Jun, 2006 - 05:50 AM, said:

First you should learn html. (hyper-text mark-up language) There are many scripting languages for web pages but this one is the foundation for all of them. Start here,

I think he meant here. Also, you might want to find a free host to start with. Check out mine, www.addyour.net. In the future, after learning HTML, you might want to check out other languages like PHP, ASP, Javascript, CSS, but before you do, it is really really inportant that you learn HTML. If you dive into PHP or CSS without knowing HTML, you'll lose yourself and get confused, because every single web-development language is based on HTML, and we don't want you getting confused.

This post has been edited by max302: 12 June 2006 - 10:55 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:08 AM

max302, your link is dead. But W3C is a good place to start. I like this one.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2006 - 07:43 AM

View PostIsrael, on 12 Jun, 2006 - 05:50 AM, said:

Hi ,

i am thankfull for your advice ....but still going further i would like to know and understand the entire process ........i agree that HTML is the first point to start ....

if i say that i know html and java so what next path shud i follow to accomplish the creation of my own website ...

how far java , ASP etc are involved in this ...i wud like to know ..

suggestion n feedbacks ..awaited

regards

kguptaa
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2006 - 09:03 AM

i used freewebs to create my websites. . . i used to like but now they changed everything, anyways, most websites should have good backgrounds and content, basically meaning words :huh: in my first website all i had were links and images, and that was a no no, it should have words to. . . (yes i know im repeating myself)

also to create a website, start by learning the basic html, like text, background and images. ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:34 PM

HTML IS pretty much the whole process. For your first website use a free host like 50 webs or something else of the kind with easy to ue interface to upload your files and all. Also, you can run your static (no scrpting generating involved) web pages from your computer if you use relative likes instead of fixed ones Ex.: <a href="/yourdir/yourfile.htm"> insted of <a href="www.yoursite.yourhost.com/yourdir/yourfile.htm">. Experiment with this and once that you feel that you've got a good grip on HTML, go on with web scripting languages like I mentionned earlier.

I know that you might be tempted to move on to more advanced stuff, but don't, because I did and know I know how to code PHP and I don't even know CSS. Go step by step.

Good luck.

EDIT: No wait. You know HTML but you haven't published a website yet? Something is wrong. Continue experimenting.

This post has been edited by max302: 14 June 2006 - 04:36 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:52 AM

View Postmax302, on 14 Jun, 2006 - 03:26 PM, said:

HTML IS pretty much the whole process. For your first website use a free host like 50 webs or something else of the kind with easy to ue interface to upload your files and all. Also, you can run your static (no scrpting generating involved) web pages from your computer if you use relative likes instead of fixed ones Ex.: <a href="/yourdir/yourfile.htm"> insted of <a href="www.yoursite.yourhost.com/yourdir/yourfile.htm">. Experiment with this and once that you feel that you've got a good grip on HTML, go on with web scripting languages like I mentionned earlier.

I know that you might be tempted to move on to more advanced stuff, but don't, because I did and know I know how to code PHP and I don't even know CSS. Go step by step.

Good luck.

EDIT: No wait. You know HTML but you haven't published a website yet? Something is wrong. Continue experimenting.

HI Max ,

Thankx for guiding me , whenever i will be facing any problem , i will ask help from you ...

i have a long cherished dream to see a website of my own ...n beleive if i do it the more its credit will go to u man ..

looking for inputs how i should proceed ...i have started revising HTML ..

cheers .

Abhishek
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2006 - 02:22 PM

:blush: oh come on. I`m just doing my possible to help, no need to give me the credit. Know what? Add me to MSN and jabber if you have one. It`ll be easier that way.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• rÍvant.toujours
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:13 PM

Thanks for all the help you're dishing out, max :D.

In regards to the question, yes, a strong understanding of html and other web technologies like Java(Script), CSS, PHP, SQL, etc., helps immensely. However, once you've gotten a good grasp of those things I wouldn't recommend using straight HTML to make your website; there are many excellent editors out there, chiefly Macromedia's Dreamweaver, that will make your life a whole lot easier (and more productive).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 June 2006 - 05:07 PM

View PostVideege, on 15 Jun, 2006 - 03:05 PM, said:

...Macromedia's Dreamweaver, that will make your life a whole lot easier (and more productive).

Erm erm. And what about NVU? I never used dreamweaver, but being an open-source soldat, I reccommend. Oh and kguptaa, whatever you do, DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT like in DON'T use MIcrosoft Frontpage. Apart from costing serious big bucks in the office suite, it is ugly, produces ugly code, is not up to date, is not script-friendly and is generally not good. Plus it teachs bad habits, which is bad.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• rÍvant.toujours
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:59 AM

Frontpage does indeed suck. I just mentioned Dreamweaver because its what I always see developers using.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:38 PM

I sometimes use dreamweaver to get a better feel of how something is going to look while I'm using it. But a lot of times...what looks good in dreamweaver doesn't look good in IE or any other crappy browser.

My favorite open source web tool -> PHP Designer! :P
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1