Not what your thinking

Page 1 of 1

5 Replies - 574 Views - Last Post: 12 April 2010 - 07:32 AM

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Freelance Site

Posted 09 April 2010 - 04:39 PM

Your probably thinking great someone wants to make a site for people to bid for jobs etc. But no what I was thinking was a safe haven for freelancers(FL).

What I mean is for a site that allows FL to join and they can get some tips and info on freelancing by other people. But also to tell people about their clients. As I have had a few clients now that have had bad reputation but I only found out afterwards. I think a site like this can allow freelancers to find out from other people if their client is a good one and also what they should do with their job.

It would even be good for people with troublesome clients who wont pay etc as they could get some guidance.

Resources could be on there like templates for contracts etc.

But I am looking to see what other people think of this idea and if it's any good I am willing to start making it and if other people are interested in this they can help to. A site by FL for FL.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Freelance Site

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Freelance Site

Posted 10 April 2010 - 02:34 AM

Seems like a great idea to me, provided it has a certain professionalism. Let me know if you are interested to work together on this...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Perl Parson
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:48 AM

You could probably get some good ideas from http://www.proz.com/ It's basically the same concept, but for translators rather than tech freelancers.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:08 AM

I am thinking of creating a simple site with a forum and possible some videos that have been made by people who know what they are talking about lol.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:22 AM

The only thing I'd add is: you probably want to make sure your site's legal boilerplate is solid. Given that one of the likely functions of your site will be to provide a clearinghouse for people to drop on and trash other people/businesses, you'll want to make sure your liability is known and understood for things like malicious slander and the like.

Those kinds of forum/opinion sites are all over the web. That said, it takes just one hothead to get his lawyer to sue your site for defamation or demanding that you remove/police the posts your guests leave and you'll find yourself shelling money out to defend yourself. It's not whether the suits have merit...because anyone can sue anyone else regardless of merit.

Just something to consider is all.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:32 AM

Yes very good note. I would personally speak with a lawyer about a terms of use contract before going live with anything like this.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1