2 Replies - 2084 Views - Last Post: 10 April 2010 - 10:17 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Searching for the best language or application builder for my small pr

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:22 AM

Hello everyone!

My friend has a business selling vinyl banners and print advertising. I want to create a website for him for his birthday. I have been looking around the internet for a few days now trying to find a web application like those on halfpricebanners.com, buildasign.com and allstatebanners.com that allow the user to create and submit a basic text or graphic selected banner with text, and then add it to a cart to purchase it. Of course he may also sell other products in the future so a cart system would also be needed. My preference is on the web application that buildasign.com has. The design elements are controlled by css for easy editing. I was looking through the source code on those sites to see if I could find the authors of the products and just purchase the software. All of these applications seem to be created by these companies.

I am willing to pay for the feature. So I sent project requests to http://www.picmeleo.com/, http://www.caspio.com/. I haven't heard back from them yet. And thats why I turned to the best resource I know of! d.i.c of course.

With all this said, here is my question. Could anyone recommend a few companies that I could get a quote from to build this. Or offer me some suggestions on automated programs or languages that could help me to create this myself? I do have programming experience and could probably handle this project, but I would like to make sure I do it right.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Searching for the best language or application builder for my small pr

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Searching for the best language or application builder for my small pr

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:21 AM

You really have your work cut out for you on this. All those sites you point out appear to be custom applications that the builder themselves have created. This means it is going to cost mucho money to either buy their software from them (if they will even sell it to you) or to get someone to build one for you. halfpricebanners.com uses a PHP website but their builder is a custom flash application. allstatebanners.com is also using a flash application. Buildasign.com is a ASP.NET site that also uses jQuery, Dojo and their own custom Javascript.

Now you could get most web design companies to create something like these for you, but again how much are you willing to spend? I don't know of any place where they sell custom banner generating apps beyond something as simple as a PHP/ASP.NET site that can dynamically create a graphic (which would be much more limited than these sites).

picmeleo.com may be your closest bet and I am not sure caspio.com even does much of what you are looking to do (it is mostly custom database interaction applications). So you may have to get a custom quote from a web application design company because I am not sure you are going to find much on the net that will do what those companies do.

:(
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Searching for the best language or application builder for my small pr

Posted 10 April 2010 - 10:17 PM

Man i know! I am willing to pay a $1000 to get this thing done. Maybe more if I could sit down and talk with a company that could deliver what I'm looking for... I certainly appreciate your post martyr2. I'll be sure to update this post as I do research. There are crap tons of people that would love to get into this!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1