5 Replies - 1395 Views - Last Post: 20 June 2006 - 01:27 PM Rate Topic: -----

• Proud supporter of the lulz
  • member icon

• View blog

Daatabase Conflict!

Posted 18 June 2006 - 02:43 PM

Look at this doc: www.talesofnoob.er1.be.
What's the diagnostic?
I think that declaring another MySQL connection conflicted with the one that Wordpress uses, because when I comment the recording script, the thing works.
Am I right?

This post has been edited by max302: 20 June 2006 - 07:36 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Daatabase Conflict!

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Daatabase Conflict!

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:06 AM

I got a page not found error
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:42 PM

View Posthervens, on 19 Jun, 2006 - 09:58 AM, said:

I got a page not found error

Yeah, it's a free host, so when it goes down (and it does often), they don't hurry-up to make it run again.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:38 AM

Looks like the title drives people away or something so I posted again just to put this topic back on the map.I hope more people take a look.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:11 AM

Plenty of people have looked at it...the link is not coming up...can you post an actual link to the site?

Secondly, even with a link to the site, it will be difficult to debug without seeing the exact error message, and the code that the error message refers to...can you post both?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 June 2006 - 01:27 PM

Duh! I should have thought about this.

The site, complete with error messages can be found here.

The following is how I have incorporated my visitlogger to the wordpress header file found at /wp-content/themes/default/:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head profile="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="<?php bloginfo('html_type'); ?>; charset=<?php bloginfo('charset'); ?>" />

<title><?php bloginfo('name'); ?> <?php if ( is_single() ) { ?> &raquo; Blog Archive <?php } ?> <?php wp_title(); ?></title>

<meta name="generator" content="WordPress <?php bloginfo('version'); ?>" /> <!-- leave this for stats -->

<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_url'); ?>" type="text/css" media="screen" />
<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="<?php bloginfo('name'); ?> RSS Feed" href="<?php bloginfo('rss2_url'); ?>" />
<link rel="pingback" href="<?php bloginfo('pingback_url'); ?>" />

<style type="text/css" media="screen">
/*	To accomodate differing install paths of WordPress, images are referred only here,
	and not in the wp-layout.css file. If you prefer to use only CSS for colors and what
	not, then go right ahead and delete the following lines, and the image files. */

body { background: url("<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_directory'); ?>/images/kubrickbgcolor.jpg"); }	
<?php /* Checks to see whether it needs a sidebar or not */ if ((! $withcomments) && (! is_single())) { ?>
	#page { background: url("<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_directory'); ?>/images/kubrickbg.jpg") repeat-y top; border: none; }
<?php } else { // No sidebar ?>
	#page { background: url("<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_directory'); ?>/images/kubrickbgwide.jpg") repeat-y top; border: none; } 
<?php } ?>
	#header { background: url("<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_directory'); ?>/images/kubrickheader.jpg") no-repeat bottom center; }
	#footer { background: url("<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_directory'); ?>/images/kubrickfooter.jpg") no-repeat bottom; border: none;}

/*	Because the template is slightly different, size-wise, with images, this needs to be set here
	If you don't want to use the template's images, you can also delete the following two lines. */

#header 	{ margin: 0 !important; margin: 0 0 0 1px; padding: 1px; height: 198px; width: 758px; }
	#headerimg 	{ margin: 7px 9px 0; height: 192px; width: 740px; } 

/* 	To ease the insertion of a personal header image, I have done it in such a way,
	that you simply drop in an image called 'personalheader.jpg' into your /images/
	directory. Dimensions should be at least 760px x 200px. Anything above that will
	get cropped off of the image. */
	/*
	#headerimg { background: url('<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_directory'); ?>/wp-content/themes/default/images/bsod.gif') no-repeat top;}
	*/
</style>

<?php wp_head(); ?>
<?php /*---------------------------------Visitor logger------------------------*/
/*-------DB Params-------*/
$ydbuser = "tales_visitor";		  // Database user used, change as needed
$ydbhost = "localhost";		  // Database used
$ydbpasswd = "1235789";			   // Database user password
$ydbdatabase = "tales_other";		  // Database
$ydbconnection = mysql_connect($ydbhost,$ydbuser,$ydbpasswd);
$ydb = mysql_select_db($ydbdatabase,$ydbconnection);
/*-----End DB Params-----*/

$ytoday = date("Ymj");
if (strlen($ytoday) == 5)
{
$ytoday[6] = $ytoday[5];
$ytoday[5] = 0;
}
$yuserip = getenv("REMOTE_ADDR"); 
$ycheckip = "SELECT * FROM visitcount WHERE userip = '$yuserip'";
$ycheckipq = mysql_query($ycheckip);
$ycheckipr = mysql_result($ycheckipq,'1','visitcount');
$yprevvisits = mysql_result($ycheckipq,'1','visitcount');
if ($ycheckipr == 0)
	 {
	 $yadduser = "INSERT INTO visitcount (userip,lastvisit,visitcount) VALUES ('$yuserip','$ytoday',1)";
	 mysql_query($yadduser);
	 }
else if ($yprevvisits != $ytoday)
	 {
	 $yvisits = $yprevvisits;
	 $yvisits++; 
	 $yupdatevisits = "UPDATE visitcount SET visitcount = '$yvisits' AND lastvisit = '$ytoday' WHERE userip = '$yuserip'";
	 mysql_query($yupdatevisits);
	 }
?>

</head>
<body>
<div id="page">

<div id="header">
	<div id="headerimg">
		<h1><a href="<?php echo get_settings('home'); ?>/"><?php bloginfo('name'); ?></a></h1>
		<div class="description"><?php bloginfo('description'); ?></div>
	</div>
</div>
<hr />

As for the rest of the wordpress engine, which is many many many many pages long, I suggest downloading from the official wordpress website.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1