The Future Of Programming

Define what "future programming" is to you

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 1424 Views - Last Post: 17 April 2010 - 08:16 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

The Future Of Programming

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

This can be debated endlessly among hours and days so lets keep it real simple and clean. What is future programming to "you"?

For me in lets say 20 years programming should be straight forward and have the same speed of C if not faster. Programming languages should do all the optimization's and correct algorithm's itself.

Example would be lets say, you have an instance of a class and call it up everytime you need it, well lets just imagine that instance was called only once reducing overhead and increasing performance.

If you are running a game at 60fps you need to really re-think modern ways of doing stuff, things such which walkway is faster not easier.

Combining faster with easier and having the compiler fix your algorithm's for you to increase performance is where programming should go in my eyes.

Lets hear it from you.

This post has been edited by FreezingHazard: 17 April 2010 - 12:49 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: The Future Of Programming

• THE PEN IS MIGHTIER
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: The Future Of Programming

Posted 17 April 2010 - 01:25 AM

I'm reminded of a video I watched online a little while back from JAOO in 2008: Anders Hejlsberg - Where are programming languages going?. It's a tad lengthy at about an hour, but very interesting.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

Concurrency. Multiple cores.

I don't really know what the future of programming will look like, but I know it will have more FP in it, so it will be an awesome future for me.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:16 PM

Concurrency will definitely be a major part of the future of programming as we expand to more and more cores. Hopefully we'll see features emerge in multiple languages to make it easier to write concurrent programs (such as some of the new features in the 4.0 release of .NET)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1