MIRC Bot Scripting

Page 1 of 1

7 Replies - 13078 Views - Last Post: 17 August 2011 - 01:10 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

MIRC Bot Scripting

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:33 PM

Hello,

I'm currently looking for a person who can code an MIRC bot for a gaming channel. We are trying to have a bot that can run a pug system. I will try to explain this the best I can with typing.
What does the Bot need?
Commands-
.Ventrilo
.Last
.Join
.Leave
.List

I will try and break down what each of these need to do.
- When any user in the channel types .ventrilo a respond message needs to come back with the ventrilo ip and port.
- When the any user in the channel types .join this needs to take the users name and put it in a radom order on a team. There are two teams attack and defense. This command also needs to reconize when 10 users have join. When 10 users has join then a list will randomly show the 10 users name and just randomly put them on a team.
- When any users types .Leave the bot needs to remove them from the list if they have type.join. The bot needs to only allow users who have type.join to type .leave. If a user types .leave and is not on the list for the pug then a message needs to be displayed for the user to see you are not currently joined or something on the lines of that.
- When any user types .List this needs to display all the current users that are joined for the current pug up to 10 users. If there is only 9 users joined the bot needs to show 1 slot remaining.
- When any user types .Last this needs to show the user the last time of a pug. I would like this to display in time as in 20 min ago or 15 min ago 2 min ago ect.

If you have anymore question on this feel free to email me at Flow@fragfest-gaming.com
If you have no clue on how to code this please do not waste time.
This script will not be for sale and will only used by our gaming channel.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: MIRC Bot Scripting

• Perl Parson
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: MIRC Bot Scripting

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:18 AM

Do you have a budget for this project or are you looking for someone to do it as a volunteer?

It's also a bit unclear what's supposed to happen when 10 users have ".join"ed. I'm assuming that it will just announce who's in the pug and how the teams are to be arranged, right? Or are you expecting it to also do something behind the scenes to actually create/initiate the game?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 April 2010 - 01:00 PM

View Postdsherohman, on 18 April 2010 - 03:18 AM, said:

Do you have a budget for this project or are you looking for someone to do it as a volunteer?

It's also a bit unclear what's supposed to happen when 10 users have ".join"ed. I'm assuming that it will just announce who's in the pug and how the teams are to be arranged, right? Or are you expecting it to also do something behind the scenes to actually create/initiate the game?

We are looking to pay for someone for this project. We are looking for something in the range of $100 bucks on this project. We are not looking for anything be hind the scene for the Mirc bot. The only thing is when 10 users have joined it just needs to randomly take those names and put 5 on attack and 5 on defense. Also how long do you think this would take to create. thank you for your time
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• B&

• View blog

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

Does it just announce the teams?

Also how long do you think this would take to create. thank you for your time

I've got most of this set-up and working already.

This post has been edited by taylorc8: 21 June 2010 - 01:27 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:28 PM

Wow, I have not done mirc scripting in years, otherwise I would be interested in this project.

Best of luck to all candidates :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• B&

• View blog

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

Ahh, unfortunately I did not think this was a MIRC scripting project, I have it in C++.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

Hey listen, if you are interested I do have an extensive amount of knowledge in C# and i'm experienced in working with Python embedding.

So given that, if you want I can work on this at full range and provide algorithms that are strong and safe.

Also, I can provide a way for you to edit the bot and dialogs after it's done.

Just pm me thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:10 AM

Just so everyone knows this Project was completed. Thanks for everyone interest and thanks to remy for such a great job on this project.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1