2 Replies - 1616 Views - Last Post: 21 April 2010 - 10:18 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Broadcasting an Image Over Internet... Need Help

Posted 19 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

I am working on a personal project, and I've been looking at a way to make an application where you can enter in the other user's IP address, load a picture into a picturebox and have it appear in the other user's picturebox, on a separate computer. I am not looking for code, but examples are welcome. I would just like a nudge in the right direction.

I've already looked at P2P and winsock, but I cannot figure it out... maybe I'm thinking too hard. Any help would be appreciated!

This post has been edited by mrmcpott: 19 April 2010 - 07:08 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Broadcasting an Image Over Internet... Need Help

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Broadcasting an Image Over Internet... Need Help

Posted 20 April 2010 - 11:15 PM

First off, are you broadcasting it or sending it to a specific IP. From your first post it would seem the latter. Broadcasting something would mean sending it to every IP on the subnet. :)

Don't use winsock if you're using C# or VB.Net. Rather use the System.Net.Sockets namespace. Its actually rather easy to use. There are two tutorials on here regarding chat applications. Both cover the topic extremely well and the one is geared towards beginners (the other is quite advanced). They use chat as an example but the idea is basically the same no matter what you're sending over the network.

P2P Connections Tutorial (Beginner)
Advanced P2P Networking Page 1 (Advanced)

This post has been edited by r1zla: 20 April 2010 - 11:18 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Broadcasting an Image Over Internet... Need Help

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:18 AM

View Postr1zla, on 20 April 2010 - 10:15 PM, said:

First off, are you broadcasting it or sending it to a specific IP. From your first post it would seem the latter. Broadcasting something would mean sending it to every IP on the subnet. :)

Don't use winsock if you're using C# or VB.Net. Rather use the System.Net.Sockets namespace. Its actually rather easy to use. There are two tutorials on here regarding chat applications. Both cover the topic extremely well and the one is geared towards beginners (the other is quite advanced). They use chat as an example but the idea is basically the same no matter what you're sending over the network.

P2P Connections Tutorial (Beginner)
Advanced P2P Networking Page 1 (Advanced)

Thanks for the reply, and yes it is sending to specific IP, and I will look over the tutorials! :bigsmile:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1