The future of Java

Oracale's Takeover of Sun

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 820 Views - Last Post: 20 April 2010 - 12:44 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

The future of Java

Posted 19 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

Im kind of concerned about the future of Java. I spoke to the Australian Java Users Group today looking to join and was told that they were meeting in the Sun building in Melbourne and because of the Oracale takeover they were not meeting until they were sure about their future. So I asked them what about Java? my reply was that is a good question, and we don't know this ourselves and that they were waiting to hear from Oracale with what they plan to do with Java.

I may be paranoid and I hope thats all it is but it would be a real shame to see Java go away ( Mainly because of the amount of dollars ive pumped into studying this language as it is the only one they will teach at Tafe and simillar schools ). Java users if you are like me and are concerned about the future of the language that you have spent so long studying I urge you to contact Oracale to show support and make sure that they dont take this from us.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: The future of Java

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: The future of Java

Posted 19 April 2010 - 09:16 PM

http://www.dreaminco...3-java-or-c%23/
http://www.dreaminco...__991958__st__0

There are lots of similar threads, and plenty of stuff on the internet about this exact topic. Does anyone honestly thing that Oracle will just drop Java, one of the most popular languages in the world today, with no explanation or reason?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• CTO
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2010 - 03:36 AM

Posted Image
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2010 - 12:44 PM

I wouldn't think that it would be in Sun Oracle's (is that their official new name by the way?) best interest to do away with java. I have been seeing stuff all over the internet about this topic though. I even read James Gosling's blog where he has resigned from Sun. I think it was on java.net .

I have only recently began learning java. I'd hate for it to go the way of the dodo :/ .
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1