6 Replies - 3648 Views - Last Post: 22 April 2010 - 06:08 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

how to dynamically import video file and put on the timeline

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:13 AM

i want to load(import) a video file on the timeline through actionscript. if i use loadMovie or attachMovie then it puts the video file only on 1st frame..but then i cant use gotoAndPlay() as i hav only 1 frame with the use of attach and Loadmovie..but in my application i want to jump ahead in my video.so how can i do this .how can i write a code so that my video file is spread on the timeline and i hav many frames so that i can use gotoAndPlay()..
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: how to dynamically import video file and put on the timeline

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: how to dynamically import video file and put on the timeline

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:11 AM

You won't want to use gotoAndPlay, but, you can use gotoAndStop. Create a frame where you would want your video to begin playing, after whatever content is currently playing. Create a movieclip on the position you want the movieclip to begin playing. Now you can give this mc an instance name and load the video into the mc, and play from within it.

There's a lot you can do from here, say you want to continue playing, or move to another point in your video, all this can be achieved within the above methodology.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 April 2010 - 05:09 AM

but i want my video to b seen on the timeline..if i create a movieclip a load a movie in that,the problem remains same.i find the movieclip in only 1 frame.But as i am making a dynamic application in which the user selects a video from his desktop and then that video file should get added on the timeline through actionscript,so that the user is allowed to play the video from wherever he wants,using gotoandplay .i want my video to b spread on the timeline so that i can have access of the frame numbers to do this..i m not getting how to do this dynamic stuff throughactionscript coding.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:26 AM

The keyword 'video' is too general. What kind of video? If its an swf (you can render a video onto a flash timeline, then export it as a swf).. all you need to do is add the movie as previously discussed. All gotoAndPlay actions of that movieclip are available via AS.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:00 AM

what i am doing is i am creating a website,where the user is going to upload a video file of his campus.this video file then from the server should b automatically placed on the timeline of flash.the user will then be shown a swf file of this video where he will d be tagging the different buildings in the campus...so i want that the video file that it may be a avi,3gp etc should lie on the timeline through actionscript code.so that the user can make the video run from 1 building in the campus to the other..so i want the frame numbers of this so i need to use gotoandplay, when the user select two buildings on the website a video betwwen those two buildings shld strt playing..
so i want a way to add this video file on the timeline of flash at backend
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

In my experience, the video file has to be converted to a flash readable format to properly play in the timeline as you desire. The most common way of doing this is using FMS, or a 3rd party software to convert the file and drop it onto your server. The video file should be a swf/flv to work with it on the timeline.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:08 AM

yes sir i have done that conversion.but now i dont want import to stage or library to put this video file on the timeline..i want some acttionscript code to put that video file on the timeline.i dont want to use attachmovie loadmovie as they will put the video file on on 1 frame.i want my video to be spread over frames

yes sir i have done that conversion.but now i dont want import to stage or library to put this video file on the timeline..i want some acttionscript code to put that video file on the timeline.i dont want to use attachmovie loadmovie as they will put the video file on on 1 frame.i want my video to be spread over frames
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1