2 Replies - 392 Views - Last Post: 22 April 2010 - 06:25 AM

#1 Guest_Brianne*

Edit template in dreamweaver

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:59 AM

Hi everyone I created a template in dreamweaver with a background image. I want to change the image to a background color in some of the pages - how do I change the background from locked to editable so I can choose to make changes in those pages?
Thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: Edit template in dreamweaver

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Edit template in dreamweaver

Posted 21 April 2010 - 10:01 AM

Here is a tutorial that might help you out.

As with almost everything web-related there are multiple ways to skin this cat.
1) You could create an editable content area inside of a STYLE element in the head that would allow you to override the stylesheet-specified background on a per-page basis
2) You could load a seperate stylesheet if the quantity of overwritten rules becomes unwieldy
3) You could change the class or ID of the BODY element to get this same effect without having to load new styles at all

Hope this helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Edit template in dreamweaver

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:25 AM

Just to expound a bit on this, CSS has Specificity (lovely word.) What that means is that the more specific something is, the higher priority it has. Classes are less specific than IDs, external style sheets are less specific than internal (man that can get confusing), <div> is less specific than <span>. The C in CSS stands for Cascading, which has a nice effect, if you include two separate style sheets
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="first.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="second.css">

Anything in second.css will take precedence over anything in first.css. If you want the same color for all the pages which don't use the image then you can just use a second stylesheet on those pages.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1