login & upload images

administrator need to login & then load up some images on the webs

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 809 Views - Last Post: 22 April 2010 - 06:49 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

login & upload images

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:29 AM

Hi I need to design a website which allow the administrator to login and load up images onto the website. They also want to load up some specials & news. Can anyone help me with this?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: login & upload images

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: login & upload images

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:01 AM

This site has a policy against solving peoples projects. We want to see that you have tried this yourself.

If you write some code and get errors or have questions, post it here and we'll be happy to help ;)

You could also check the tutorials section to find useful info :)

This post has been edited by aniri: 22 April 2010 - 03:01 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 April 2010 - 03:14 AM

It sounds like you're talking about some sort of Content Management system,

there are loads of free open source ones to choose from - http://en.wikipedia....agement_systems Have a look at the PHP ones,

I would definitely recommend checking out either Wordpress or Drupal. These can be customised - new themes, plugins etc, so that the admin has total control over the website form the admin panel, and can add new content etc.

IF you have any links to example websites. Do you want them to upload images for an image gallery. It's quite hard to understand what you're trying to achieve without example sites, or a diagram of some sorts, or at least a project plan, then we can help further.

This post has been edited by revolutionx: 22 April 2010 - 03:16 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:03 AM

I'd be happy to help. If you're doing logins you're going to need a database, such as Postgresql or MySQL. If this is a homework help question please say so, we're not allowed to give code in such a case, but we will help you through the process of this. I created an image gallery with thumbnails for one of my first projects when learning PHP, my first was a forum. My third was a chat (yes in PHP). So I've made several things that are close to what you want. If you're just trying to setup a site for someone then may I suggest Drupal? It is a Free (price), Libre (Freedom), Open Source Software. http://drupal.org/ If you're doing this to learn then if you could point to an example site or two that do (or at least are close to) what you want we can help you more.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 22 April 2010 - 06:49 PM

View PostMarietha, on 22 April 2010 - 01:29 AM, said:

Hi I need to design a website which allow the administrator to login and load up images onto the website. They also want to load up some specials & news. Can anyone help me with this?

ok, try reading this first and do first your part.
Click Me
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1