5 Replies - 796 Views - Last Post: 27 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

What do you think about my site?

Posted 23 April 2010 - 05:30 AM

Hi guys, I need some inputs on how I can best improve my site from design to content to anything. My website is http://www.shoutbux.com

Thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What do you think about my site?

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What do you think about my site?

Posted 23 April 2010 - 02:59 PM

View Postfelixtgomezjr, on 23 April 2010 - 05:30 AM, said:

Hi guys, I need some inputs on how I can best improve my site from design to content to anything. My website is http://www.shoutbux.com

Thanks

Your site seems fine however viewing your site I am somewhat unclear as to what its purpose is. I am not trying to be mean just clear. If you attempting to provide an informational / history / tidbit site then you should do a little research on other successful sites that provide this information, doing this will give you good information as to what you should be doing to make your readers happy then try to improve upon the ideas you have seen don't just copy them. This advice is true no matter what your sites purpose.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

Umm, yeah, I'm confused. I can't figure out what connects the site. The title is "Submit your thoughts". Are those articles thoughts? It reminds me of a spam email in its current form. Make the point far more clear.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 April 2010 - 09:04 PM

As said above a little more clarity would be nice.

Design wise rather solid though I would space out the boxes a tad more and make more space in the gutter area, it feels a little cramped as it is right now. It wouldn't hurt to bump up the line height either.

The menu is rather hard to read right now, possibly a slightly larger font, play with bold and see if it does anything for you, it depends on personal tastes really.

The box below the menu you need more left margin on the text, it's far too close to the image as is right now.

I would work on the logo and make it sharper than it is, looks blurry to me.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:17 AM

It looks like a WordPress template I've seen before. But otherwise nice looking - good subtle color choices. Agree too about the unclear message. Is this supposed to be the next Myspace type thing? If so, you will need some work on it. It is very slow loading (which leads me more to believe this is WP).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:19 PM

@jrm402 it is a WordPress template take a look at the bottom lol. But its not a bad design I would follow Lemur suggestions he is a great designer as he makes sense.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1