1 Replies - 497 Views - Last Post: 24 April 2010 - 10:59 AM

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Next Issue of the Mag

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

This is the next iteration of this section I do for a magazine every issue. It was a hassle to say the least this time around. It's an insert into the back of another austin lifestyle mag, so it has its own toc and masthead, but it really is a part of the issue.

Normally I'm off to design what I want but this time I was forced into some design decisions that I think hurt the look - but customers always know best - right?

Also, you can never anticipate the content coming in. Last time I had 3 or 4 long stories (multiple pages) and now I've got 3 or 4 really awkward sizes, such as a few lines over a page, or 3/4 of a spread , and then stuff like the first article the letter to the editor which had to be left completely by itself.

Anyways, i'll take thoughts on it, or if you just want to see a magazine file before it goes to press. (i have one more proofing to do)

It's a PDF : http://tylerjameslee...ive/tcms/87.pdf

can i just say looking at this pdf it doesn't look like a great design, but when you see it in print it comes out nice, thats the weird thing with print, alot of it is just testing things out on actual paper and seeing how the come out.

This post has been edited by capty99: 24 April 2010 - 10:35 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Next Issue of the Mag

• using System.Linq;
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Next Issue of the Mag

Posted 24 April 2010 - 10:59 AM

Looking really good, capty99! Solid work on this one.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1