6 Replies - 2278 Views - Last Post: 07 May 2010 - 10:20 AM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

JavaScript Interview

Posted 28 April 2010 - 05:42 AM

Hi Folks,

I am going for a Javascript Interview this weekend So I was wondering what would be the commonly asked javascript interview questions.

If you ppl have any resource link for the interview preparation, please do post here, it would be appreciated.

Thanks;

I would surely vote up your post, if it was worth it

This post has been edited by singularity: 28 April 2010 - 05:43 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: JavaScript Interview

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: JavaScript Interview

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:25 AM

I wrote an article for a C++ job interview. Enough of the concepts are the same that I'll recommend it to you: http://decompile.com...w_Questions.htm

In particular, I think the sections on language-specific questions, efficient programming, software engineering communication, brain teasers, and some of the programming problems will help you. Just substitute Javascript for C++ when appropriate.

The article also talks about how to set up a mock interview. Because the article is for C++ and you're looking for a Javascript interview, I would recommend using a friend that is also a Javascript expert so they can reword (or skip) the questions provided in the mock interview.

I think a large part of what kinds of questions will be asked depends on the type of Javascript programming you'll be expected to do.

Consider the job -- will you be creating a GUI? Will it be for a scientific application? A business application? As part of a database front-end?

I think another area of interest (if I were interviewing a Javascript candidate) would be in knowing how different browsers support different versions of Javascript.

Good luck on your interview. Let us know what happens.

cdk
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:32 AM

View Postcdk, on 28 April 2010 - 01:25 PM, said:

I wrote an article for a C++ job interview. Enough of the concepts are the same that I'll recommend it to you: http://decompile.com...w_Questions.htm

In particular, I think the sections on language-specific questions, efficient programming, software engineering communication, brain teasers, and some of the programming problems will help you. Just substitute Javascript for C++ when appropriate.

The article also talks about how to set up a mock interview. Because the article is for C++ and you're looking for a Javascript interview, I would recommend using a friend that is also a Javascript expert so they can reword (or skip) the questions provided in the mock interview.

I think a large part of what kinds of questions will be asked depends on the type of Javascript programming you'll be expected to do.

Consider the job -- will you be creating a GUI? Will it be for a scientific application? A business application? As part of a database front-end?

I think another area of interest (if I were interviewing a Javascript candidate) would be in knowing how different browsers support different versions of Javascript.

Good luck on your interview. Let us know what happens.

cdk

Thanks, the link is quite useful but not for me at this moment. Anyway the interview will be about general scripting languages(javascript in particular). It is more into developing web based applications. To be more precise I have the interview at Amazon
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:23 AM

So how did the interview go?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:26 AM

Since this isn't a programming help question moving to Corner Cubical :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:16 AM

View Postcdk, on 07 May 2010 - 02:23 PM, said:

So how did the interview go?

Actually a good one, It was not as what I was expecting. Javascript coding questions were asked like generating log files, sorting a table of two columns according to (alphabetically one) and increasing order price(other one). a bit difficult for me.. and the other stuff.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2010 - 10:20 AM

View PostPsychoCoder, on 07 May 2010 - 02:26 PM, said:

Since this isn't a programming help question moving to Corner Cubical :)

I think you should have locked this topic as it is too old to get replies.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1