• (2 Pages)
  • +

18 Replies - 9654 Views - Last Post: 11 April 2007 - 08:06 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: 'Online Game'

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:51 AM

View PostShinigami, on 24 Dec, 2006 - 05:44 PM, said:

Ok looking at your 2 Example Links, i am assuming you wish to create a Browser Mafia Related Game. I did not even look at the previous posts, because after reading 3 i got bored and confused. Anyways, You should know Basic Webdevelopment Skills, Know PHP, Have Knowledge on Databasing(Acessing Character info,Ect), Have writing skills to create the Story line and have the events typed, Have Good 'Design' Skill to create the interface and what not, Good programs would be AdobePhotoshop for the Designing Part, but Paintshop Pro or even MS paint would be suitable for a Beggining project. Look up some books on PHP and MYSQL databasing on the internet, or find them in your local Bookstore. You also may have to look on ways to create a more user safe Game, becuase this is the internet..and there will be people attempting/Suceeding to Cheat on your Game.

this is a great answer but i have everything i need other then the skill for databasing and php ad mySQL the 3 important parts i've had a try on php but the thing is everytime i go to my local host i dont know how to view my page if i get this then i am in a very strong part and i might just be able to get a good game going
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:11 AM

Check your Private Messages(Aldeanyo) I provided a Link to a resource i found on the internet that is Another forum so i was unsure on if i should post it on this post. Im not a PHP programmer, i know some of it but not alot(I use Visual Basic for my Databasing*View my Tutorial if you want*). I hope the resource i sent you Helps :)

------
*Edit* You cant Private message yet, Forgot. Okay, Well i hope its not against the rules to post the link here to another forum(For resource purpose only). If it is ill edit it right away.

>>Php Help Link<<

This post has been edited by Shinigami: 28 December 2006 - 08:14 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:09 PM

hey i can Do it message me

Exprince

Cubs1990@Hotmail.com Ill help You Out
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2007 - 08:06 AM

If you have no coding experience and want to make an online game, then this is my advice:

Start simple, and get the basics down. Allways start with the boring stuff, like "hello world" scripts. If PHP is your weapon of choice, then look at this:
http://www.keithjbro.../php/php_p1.php

Start with getting the hang of variables, arrays and "if" sentences. After that, start trying to do simple database stuff, like reading and writing to the database. These things are boring and technical, but it's the cornerstone of everything your game does.

Now it's a matter of building the little bits and pieces that make your game. You could start by making it possible to create accounts, logging in and personalizing pages after log in. If you manage to do the user management pages, you probably have a decent understanding of coding in PHP, and can start designing your game.

My guess is that people with no programming skill will need several weeks of searching the internet for tutorials to get this far, and most will not have the staying power to get through the boring stuff. I've done internet programming professionally for the last 7 years, and I still have trouble keeping the motivation for programming my internet game which i've been working on for the last 6 months.
If you manage to get to a fully functional browser-game without any previous experience, i salute you ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +