CompTIA Certifications

A+, Network+ and Security+ Expire After 3 Years

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1623 Views - Last Post: 13 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

CompTIA Certifications

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

Long story short there is < 8 months to get certified for CompTIA A+, Network+ and Security+ if you want to have them for life. Else they will require re-certification every 3 years.

Effective January 1, 2011, all new CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+ or CompTIA Security+ certifications will be valid for three years from the date the candidate is certified. After three years, the certification must be renewed. This can be done by passing the most current exam for a respective certification or by participating in CompTIA’s upcoming new continuing education program, which will allow individuals to keep their skills current and their certification up to date without retesting.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: CompTIA Certifications

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: CompTIA Certifications

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

I don't think that excludes the people getting there CompTIA Certifications before that date.. If I recall, I am technically not certified anymore since I took the exam in '06 but didn't get it updated to reflect the change in '09, which was a simple exam to show that you knew the updated content.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: CompTIA Certifications

Posted 13 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

I heard this news about CompTIA from a prof, and it sounded like if you didn't get certified NOW you were really missing out.

You are right, though, Ember. The changes that are getting made are not big at all.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1