What is forum posting

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 13459 Views - Last Post: 29 June 2010 - 04:07 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

What is forum posting

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:05 PM

Hi every body,

I am working search engine optimizer at internet marketing company.I ask the question is what is forum postings? and how it help to drive the traffic for a website.Give details briefly.You comments are welcome...

Thank you
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: What is forum posting

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: What is forum posting

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:24 PM

You just made a forum post. This post is a forum post.

If a website is linked in a forum post, it will get increased traffic over a period of years as the post is stored on the forum and members & guests go to older posts and click the link. For the forum itself, significant activity attracts attention for new members and guests, as they will feel that they can get the help they need b/c there are active members.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 May 2010 - 06:27 PM

Well a forum posting is what you just created asking the question. You posted a question to our forum. Here I am answering you with yet another forum posting. The reason they are great for driving traffic to a site is because...

1) They are usually specific and may use great keywords for search engines. For instance, here at DIC we use a lot of computer programming jargon and terms which are very specific to programming. If you are looking for something on how to write a timer in C#, most of the time you will be directed to threads on this forum which are talking about just that.

2) Forums generate a LOT of content. We here at DIC have over 1 million postings and each one of those is generating anywhere from 1 to hundreds of words which again are very specific to what we do here. You are looking at potentially over 1 million to 1 billion words which can be hit on by search engines from users looking for programming content.

3) General a lot of posts create a lot of links. A link is created for each post/thread.

A lot of specific words about specific topics matched up with a lot of words equals a ton of users finding our content and then sticking around because it is talking about what they are looking for.

:)

This post has been edited by Martyr2: 02 May 2010 - 06:29 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 June 2010 - 04:07 PM

View Postselvarajseo, on 02 May 2010 - 05:05 PM, said:

Hi every body,

I am working search engine optimizer at internet marketing company.I ask the question is what is forum postings? and how it help to drive the traffic for a website.Give details briefly.You comments are welcome...

Thank you

As others noted, you're making posts so it's not likely your question is valid or delivered as intended.

One thing to add to the other comments it that you need to avoid making posts that can be found on 5 other forums using a Google search. You should also visit the forum from a browser that's not logged in and then you'll see that the link in your signature isn't worth what you seem to think it's worth.
*wink*
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1