Digestive expert system

system to diagnose users through qestions with check boxes

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 2059 Views - Last Post: 06 May 2010 - 10:20 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Digestive expert system

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:57 AM

Digestive expert system is a web base interface. ive already done the interface and the users parts also, but ive got stuck with the part where it is the doctor who put diseases(digestive), question(e.g do u have a hairy tongue, do you drink, do you smoke, do you have lots of thirst) then doctors also insert synthoms, treatment and medicines. Then the user can view these question and check boxes on another page where they can click and click then submit, On sumbit they will get the result about what disease is it and what treatment needs to be and also the medicines.

I don't know what tables i need to create and wat fields also, how is it going to be like?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Digestive expert system

• .. does not guess solutions
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Digestive expert system

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:52 AM

Well you'd need to have fields on the diseases table that contain which answers the disease applies to.

For example you could have an applicableToSmokers, applicableToDrinkers, etc. etc.

From that you can calculate the percentage of how much a match is to what the user has entered.. Return any 100%s (meaning that it is applicable to drinkers and smokers and the user has checked that they do both) and go down the list offering "alternatives" or "close matches".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:29 AM

can you be abit more precise, because am getting lost... i have create a disease table with fields : id,disease name,question, treatment, medicine, synthoms

but 1 disease have more than 1 question so where do i put these questions?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• .. does not guess solutions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:20 AM

You can create a questions table, and a disease_questions tables.

The questions table will contain the questions, disease_questions table will link questions to diseases, with the expected answers.

Before starting any project where you have database issues you should do a complete database design structure so you know what you're doing, that will stop problems like this arising ;)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1