2 Replies - 707 Views - Last Post: 11 May 2010 - 11:42 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Want to make Flash website but some confuion

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:42 AM

Hello to all
I am studying in Comp. Engg. & I have to submit my final year project abstract in college.
I want to create a Business Flash Website in Flash CS4 as my final year project.
But it is final year project and we have to take it from any company so it should be big enough.

Now i come to the point what is my confusion.
1) Is it possible to connect Flash CS4 website to mySQL database and fetch database from it like ASP.Net
2) It is possible to create Dynamic table in Flash website because if we have make project like CRM or HR management so we need many things.

So main Question can we create a Flash Website which has same features like a website created in ASP.Net??

I had seen most of flash website which have only intro,service,Contact us etc pages so i am asking this things.

I want to use Flash CS4 as my Front end tool with AS 3.0 coding and mySQL as back end
I have learned Flash from video tutorials of LearnFlash.com site and know how to built basic website and about AS 3.0.

Peoples who know this things i request to reply as soon as possible because i have to submit abstract.
Thank you
- Jaimin

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Want to make Flash website but some confuion

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Want to make Flash website but some confuion

Posted 07 May 2010 - 11:26 PM

Yes to all your questions. If you search google for things like dynamic table in flash, you will get your answers. If you dont limit yourself to just flash, you could use a mixture of technologies, and use html with the spry framework to get this done. Choice is yours though. I would say that anything is possible to do in flash (within reason!), and if its not, there are normally 3rd party tools which make it possible.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Want to make Flash website but some confuion

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:42 AM

@nick2price I was wondering about some similar project. Someone suggested me Flex. Could you give your opinion please.

Thanks.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1