Looking for a Camera

Any help is appreciated

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 713 Views - Last Post: 11 May 2010 - 11:45 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Looking for a Camera

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:50 AM

I was thinking about buying a Nikon D40, I have about a 500$ budget (a little more if necessary)
I am looking for a good beginner photography camera, but I want good picture quality.

Any Ideas?
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Looking for a Camera

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Looking for a Camera

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:10 PM

Well if you want a beginner's camera that is very easy to use yet customizable, I'd suggest my camera (a Canon Powershot SX10IS). This picture I took yesterday is a good representation of the quality. It was just a picture I took because I wanted to try out Photoshop CS5's new HDR functionality (which is pretty awesome by the way).

I will say this though, while it is nice that you can take macro pictures, as well as zoom incredibly far while maintaining quality, it is very saddening that I cannot buy different lenses for different occasions. Regardless, it is overall a very nice camera and I have taken almost ten thousand pictures with it. If you want to look at other picture I've taken with it, you can check out my flickr account. I am not too great at photography though, and the person taking the pictures is more important than the camera itself.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

AH, thank you very much, I will definitely put that camera into consideration.

I am not only looking for simplicity but room for the camera to grow and for me to learn, it seems since that camera cannot change lenses that it would lack the freedom.

Thank you very much though
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:45 AM

I took a photography class awhile back and the camera that I got for it was a Nikon Rebel XT, which was approximately $500 if I remember correctly. It has interchangeable lenses as well as auto features (either full auto or it automatically chooses certain settings allowing different levels of control for the photographer) I am happy with it, it takes good pictures but that is with the kit lens, if you are willing to buy more lenses for it the picture quality would improve.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1