file sharing

how to use filesharing

Page 1 of 1

6 Replies - 7091 Views - Last Post: 11 May 2010 - 01:23 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

file sharing

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:35 AM

i currently am making a program that is going to transfer musics files so any music file mp3 wmv avi what ever format and send it to another compture. Then that computer is going to then store it somewhere and the play it. Currently i dont have much code. the code i currently have just connects the 2 computers via tcp cleint.
thanks
josh
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: file sharing

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: file sharing

Posted 10 May 2010 - 03:41 AM

Well whats the problem? If you're looking for a place to start then start off by researching TCP/IP connections with VB.Net. There are two good tutorials on here covering that. You then need to either implement a music player using the windows media player COM component or the DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback namespace. The media player COM component has more options in terms of an equalizer etc (as far as I remember) where as the DirectX is more for sound effects and the like... It still works though. :) There are also plenty of classes available that allow for the easy playback of audio an many formats. You'll just have to look around.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:15 PM

View Postr1zla, on 10 May 2010 - 02:41 AM, said:

Well whats the problem? If you're looking for a place to start then start off by researching TCP/IP connections with VB.Net. There are two good tutorials on here covering that. You then need to either implement a music player using the windows media player COM component or the DirectX.AudioVideoPlayback namespace. The media player COM component has more options in terms of an equalizer etc (as far as I remember) where as the DirectX is more for sound effects and the like... It still works though. :) There are also plenty of classes available that allow for the easy playback of audio an many formats. You'll just have to look around.

i have reserched it al lot but cant find any tut that work for me
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:51 AM

Well a quick Google for the D.I.C P2P tutorials led me to these two links...

P2P Chat Tutorial (Beginner)
Advanced P2P Tutorial (The concepts behind this one are quite difficult)

I then Googled "play mp3 tutorial Dreamincode" and came up with the following D.I.C tutorial...

Media Player Tutorial

The tutorials do work. You just need to put the effort in and actually learn while you're doing them. Copying and pasting or just reading and retyping don't help in the long run. Remember, an understanding of the concepts is white you're aiming for. Without it you won't be able to write your own version at a later stage.

This post has been edited by r1zla: 11 May 2010 - 12:52 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:30 AM

View Postr1zla, on 10 May 2010 - 11:51 PM, said:

Well a quick Google for the D.I.C P2P tutorials led me to these two links...

P2P Chat Tutorial (Beginner)
Advanced P2P Tutorial (The concepts behind this one are quite difficult)

I then Googled "play mp3 tutorial Dreamincode" and came up with the following D.I.C tutorial...

Media Player Tutorial

The tutorials do work. You just need to put the effort in and actually learn while you're doing them. Copying and pasting or just reading and retyping don't help in the long run. Remember, an understanding of the concepts is white you're aiming for. Without it you won't be able to write your own version at a later stage.

i know how to make a chat program i want to be able to send files through and i need help with that
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 May 2010 - 04:42 AM

Well the basic concept is exactly the same. Instead of sending strings you would instead read bytes to a byte array and then write those across the tcp connection. Or you could use a binary reader and writer to accomplish the same thing with binary. This concept remains the same with sending most things across the network.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:23 PM

View Postr1zla, on 11 May 2010 - 03:42 AM, said:

Well the basic concept is exactly the same. Instead of sending strings you would instead read bytes to a byte array and then write those across the tcp connection. Or you could use a binary reader and writer to accomplish the same thing with binary. This concept remains the same with sending most things across the network.

yeah but what about code. like i need code help
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1