¿PHP vs JSP?

which is the best for a beginner?

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 1308 Views - Last Post: 01 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

¿PHP vs JSP?

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:58 AM

Hello, i want to learn JSP or PHP, only one. I don't know about web-programming, only c, c++ and java. My purpose is make a dynamic web portal for my school, what language do you recommend me?. thanks.

This post has been edited by whileandfor: 12 May 2010 - 07:59 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: ¿PHP vs JSP?

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: ¿PHP vs JSP?

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:27 AM

If you know C and Java then I would go for PHP, if you're going to be making a web portal from scratch then you might want to have a look at the various PHP frameworks available.

Although it depends what you actually want to accomplish, IE what functions will be available to people using the portal, and how complex, because it might turn out that you can do want you want to with a Content Management System.

This post has been edited by revolutionx: 12 May 2010 - 08:29 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Can grep dead trees!
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

Well as someone who works in JSP I would say that if you know Java than learning JSP is the way to go. JavaEE is a great area to work in and it is a huge platform with far more going for it than just web development.

However, JSP is used more by big corporations than it is by your run-of-the-mill average home hobbyist or smaller web design companies etc. So it is much easier to find hosts that support PHP or ASP than it is to find hosts for JSP -- those hosts that you do find will generally charge a little more too. So unless you are really planning upon working in JavaEE... well it is probably better to go PHP or ASP.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:56 PM

the portal must be dynamic (for example, the teachers manage their courses information, assistances, grades, homeworks online), maybe like moodle, but make by myself. My teacher say's that php and javascript is the best opction, what frameworks are goods?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#5 Guest_Anonymous*

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:29 PM

Download moodle it is an open source learning assistance platform thingy, written in PHP I think, quite a few Colleges and Uni's use it in the UK
Was This Post Helpful? 0

Page 1 of 1