Lately I've focused on learning about ASP.NET and I really liked it. Well, I felt there are a lot of features I will never actually use but I have to admit that I was very impressed with what it can do and the extent of how much it could cut down on the tedious basic work you have to go through everytime you start a new project.
Now with all the features, technologies and tools available in .NET I feel I'm kinda overwhelmed. There are a lot of stuff I could learn about, but I do not know what is required from an ASP.NET developer. Here's a list:
1. C# and VB.NET, do I really need to know both of them or would C# alone do the job?
2. Do I really need to learn about the ins and outs of SQL Server?
3. What about Windows Communication Foundation and Web Services?
4. Is it part of an ASP.NET developer job description to know how to use Analysis Services (OLAP, SSAS, Data Mining, Business Intelligence) and Reporting Services?
5. What about SharePoint and Silverlight, are they required too?
6. What features of ASP.NET would you recommend concentrating on?
Share your thoughts guys. Thanks in advance
This post has been edited by Striker9099: 18 May 2010 - 07:04 AM