New to Drupal need some help

finding drupal values, salesforce integration

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 514 Views - Last Post: 20 May 2010 - 01:52 PM

#1 Guest_BillP*

New to Drupal need some help

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:18 AM

Hello I am developing a module / script that gets information stored about user nodes in the drupal database and sends it to our Salesforce lead generation form. So I am pretty new to this and have a couple of questions that I think the community might be able to point me in the right direction ive spent hours searching already.
1st: How do I find all the fields stored for a node like a funtion that will print out every field a user has in the database.
2. How do I access values stored in a taxonomy.
This is probably the hardest part for me to figure out, I havent been able to print out the values of a taxonomy for the users.
The mapping to salesforce is the easiest part the fields are easily found in salesforce but I am just an intern trying to map the rest of the fields while the main developer is busy so its mostly done the only critical part left is a section where you select a value from a picklist which have parents and children I have no idea how to find these values.

3. Is there any way to view the actual script that runs when a form is submitted. I am new to drupal and as said before most things im working on are half developed so Im not sure if this is a problem with drupal or the way the development team integrated the form but I cant find any actual php code that would put the values a user enters in a specific database.

Any help is appreciated I am just trying to get some insight into how these things can be achieved.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: New to Drupal need some help

#2 Guest_billp*

Re: New to Drupal need some help

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:27 AM

Bump.
I like this forum for most coding support that is why I posted this here, I am sorry for no code example in the post, also im sorry if this is in the wrong section I assumed there would be like a cms related category.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New to Drupal need some help

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:52 PM

1. There isn't a function in Drupal that will allow you to do that. You will have to query the 'node' table on the database.

2. Once again, you can achieve this through database query (It might get ugly though I think the taxonomy module has two or three tables to look at). I don't know the taxonomy module very well though so there might be some feature but very unlikely.

3. No. Drupal has a very unique way of running modules with these things called hooks (in essence it is kind of like steps). There are two ways to populate form fields in Drupal: a) In the module where the form is created, or B) In the Webform module using Token values (there is a list of them under the default field). The Webform module is a GUI that allows users to create forms easily on the Drupal CMS.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1