2 Replies - 621 Views - Last Post: 20 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

#1 Guest_OnePig2RulesThemAll*

Need Web Host Reccomendation 4 My Situation

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:25 PM

Hey all, I am trying to find a web host company that provides truly unlimited bandwidth. Here is my situation (hypothetical and kept simple):

Let's say I have a single html file that is 25KB in size. It gets requested 1,000,000 times a day (maybe 100k unique users). I need this file to be available 99.99999% of the year and for it to have optimal delivery speed (have it automatically routed to a few different places so latency is lower possibly). It is also my personal preference that I pay for this service based on the amount of requests and data it has to transmit, however a monthly fee is fine.

Any suggestions? Someone reccomended to me that I look into Amazon Webservices, and check out Amazon S3 for something like this, although I am not sure they are even technically a web hosting company. Anyway, any who have suggestions for my situation are greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: Need Web Host Reccomendation 4 My Situation

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Need Web Host Reccomendation 4 My Situation

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:28 PM

Yeh, I'd say Amazon S3, probably your most reliable, scalable, and possibly cheapest solution.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#3 Guest_OnePig2RuleThemAll*

Re: Need Web Host Reccomendation 4 My Situation

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:39 PM

Hmm, I will have to check them out then for sure. For some reason after reading their information I didn't get the feeling they were like a traditional web host company with easy to use services. I hope it isn't too complicated.

If anyone has any other reccomendations feel free to post them. I'm going to go ahead and talk to an Amazon S3 rep since that is what I have heard fomr a few different people now, but I'll make sure I research any other suggestions which would fit this.
Was This Post Helpful? 0

Page 1 of 1