Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: sql 2005

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: sql 2005

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:12 PM

I am not sure if you are looking for help with SQL Server the program or if you are looking for help on how to create a database and use SQL statements. If you are wanting to learn the program, may I suggest you find a SQL Server book. Also know that SQL server 2005 is about 5 years old and they are already on 2008 R2.

Now if you are wanting to get started with SQL Server 2005 by using some classic SQL statements and such, then you could try Sams Teach Yourself SQL in 10 minutes which is a nice little book for learning SQL basics. Small book and can teach you selects, inserts, deletes, joins, clauses etc.

Sams Teach Yourself SQL in 10 Minutes - Amazon.com

Might be something worth checking out to get you started. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: sql 2005

Posted 06 June 2010 - 06:45 AM

Hi

My advice is to browse through the SQL Server pages of MSDN (Microsoft Developer Network) website. I would also download the Adventure Works demo Database and use this to get some practice writing scripts etc. The Entity Relationship Diagram is also available to show you how the tables relate to each other.

At this point if I were you I would skip past MS SQL Server 2005 and move straight onto SQL Server 2008 R2 which has just been released. Download the Express Edition with Advanced Series if you are not looking to purchase the developer edition off the bat.

Good Luck

Phil
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1