Programming Books

Books that are good to read regarding programming.

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 1944 Views - Last Post: 26 May 2010 - 01:08 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Programming Books

Posted 22 May 2010 - 01:54 PM

Hello,

I am looking for books that are good read regarding on programming languages. I can't seem to know where to post this question so its ok if that mods and admins will move it.
I welcome all the books that will be suggested. I'm not looking for a particular ones either. I just want to read them and try them on my own. Whether it will be about C, C++, visual basic, flash, php and others.

Thank you in advance! :D

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Programming Books

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Programming Books

Posted 22 May 2010 - 02:35 PM

You need to pick a language first, before you settle down with a book. You can't read programming books like a light novel. You won't pick up anything that way. Take a few languages and investigate them. If it looks appealing to you, search for books on that language. If the language has associated websites, search on those websites. Search Google. Search forums like these for book recommendations.

Come back here when all of that fails.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:51 PM

FOR C++: i Highly reccomend Problem solving with C++ the object of programing fourth edition Walter Savitch.. it really does a good job. you will be able to program after reading the book that is for sure. Oler1s arent all programing languages alike. i know they all have logic that you create and not get.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Baller
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:08 PM

Alike in that they can be used to write programs. There are differences in syntax and techniques in accomplishing goals as paradigms shift.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1