Dance Dance Revolution

Making this game with python, looking for feedback

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 1213 Views - Last Post: 27 May 2010 - 07:00 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Dance Dance Revolution

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:03 PM

So im making a crude Dance Dance Revolution game with Python. This game is similar to guitar hero in that scrolling objects need to be hit in a timed fashion. im not entirely sure how to approach it but I do have some things set up for it. I made a dictionary with keys like "D1" and "D2" ("D1" is the down arrow at regular speed and "D2" is the down arrow in the offbeat, I believe its called 1/8th note) and the values of the keys are lists with two values in them. For example Dict = {"D1" : [4, 1]}
In a 'while' loop I use input and ask for the notes wanted from the dictionary and then it appends each to an empty list, a 'for' loop then reads that list and the values from the dictionary values, for example: note = [] ....if note[0] == 4 and note[1] == 1: ...........etc and it reads each specific note....thats my note reader, im not sure where to go from now though, i know how to get sprites to instantiate at 60 beats per minute and all that, but i need to figure out how to organize it all...any suggestions????

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Dance Dance Revolution

• Pythoneer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Dance Dance Revolution

Posted 26 May 2010 - 07:41 PM

Start out with a smaller short term goal, like making the sprites appear on the screen and have scrolling behavior. This is a huge project, don't try to do it all at once!! Start with something simple and add more functionality one piece at a time.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#3 Guest_sbfan19923*

Posted 27 May 2010 - 03:15 AM

Well, I know how to do those things and I've got ideas to approach it I just can't seem to get a plan for the whole thing
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• Pythoneer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:00 PM

Phases my friend, phases. Start small, go big, that's the best way to approach such a massive project.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1