2 Replies - 897 Views - Last Post: 06 June 2010 - 04:12 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

ELECTORIAL SYSTEM

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:36 PM

My name is Kelly am doing my final project and I want to create an online electorial voting system.Kindly need ideas.
Thank you
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: ELECTORIAL SYSTEM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: ELECTORIAL SYSTEM

Posted 29 May 2010 - 01:58 PM

Ok.

I am going to go out on a limb here and pray that you are not asking for free code, as I will assume you have read the rules before posting here.

So assuming your after ideas, and not code.

I would suggest you look into PHPs MySQL functions as you will almost certainly need a database to hold your results.

However you may want to use Ajax/Javascript to make it pretty. But that should come after you have got the main functions working.

You will also need to create a way to prevent people double voting. You could use logins, but would people just create multiple accounts? Sessions can be cleared/hijacked. Depending on the roll of your of your election system, you may have a way to authenticate individual users.

And look at general security, how secure does it need to be?

I would suggest you post more details of your project.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: ELECTORIAL SYSTEM

Posted 06 June 2010 - 04:12 AM

Hi,

I did something along the lines and not as secure as this for my school's yearbook.
Basically I assigned everyone in my year a password to go with their name - completely random and handed this to them in classes.
You could do the same thing - but like in a real election, people send a pretend polling card maybe via a service on the website and it checks that the same person hasn't already registered.
Then a password would be sent to them some way or another.

They would then log in and vote on the electorial site - then they won't be able to log in again.
I had a table in mine and when someone voted for someone in a specific genre / whatever - they couldn't vote in that one again as the database checked.

Then you could make a back end admin page that shows the results.
Simple just the security you'd need to implement.

Hope I helped.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1