2 Replies - 797 Views - Last Post: 31 May 2010 - 01:21 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Systems Analysis Question

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:50 AM

Hey all

I have a SA exam coming up, and I'm doing a little revision atm, however the following question has me confused:

Describe in detail a commonly deployed systems analysis and design technique of your choice. Your answer should include: advantages, overview etc etc

At first I thought of something like PRINCE, but this a project management technique, then I thought RAD, agile etc but these are more of project dev methodologies.

Would SSADM count as a SA technique? Considering it has rules and so on?

Thanks for any input.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Systems Analysis Question

#2 Martyr2  Icon User is online

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Systems Analysis Question

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:00 PM

Think along the lines of decomposition diagrams where you have a context diagram (picture of a system and known as level 1) and then blowing it up into its individual parts as a level 2 diagram. That is, the level 2 diagram shows the subsystems of the level 1 diagram. A level 3 would show the subsystems and how they interact of the level 2 subsystems. The more levels you go down, the finer the detail.

This is also known as a top-down decomposition approach. Several of the advantages to something like this is that it quickly shows how components integrate within another component, can be less time consuming since each programmer can safely work on a specific isolated component, leads to a modular design by separating low level work from the higher level etc.

Hope this gives you the idea. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Systems Analysis Question

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:21 PM

Ah I totally understand, I was completely mis-interpreting the question lol. Thanks!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1