7 Replies - 8974 Views - Last Post: 01 June 2010 - 09:30 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Login Database Design & Permissioning

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:51 AM

I'm trying to create a program which requires a user to login as either an admin or a regular user. For the regular user, after login in, they can create some records and save them in a databse. The regular user can also view records created by other regular users by entering the record number. For admins, after they log in, they can create new regular user accounts or view a list of the regular accounts that that particular admin created. There are several admins and each admin can create a regular user account. When an admin logs in, they can view the regular accounts they created on a listbox and when they click on one regular accont and click on a button 'show records', they can view whatever that regular account user saved.
I don't know how to go about this data association. Can anyone help (hope my explanation is clear)

This post has been edited by jokham: 01 June 2010 - 06:56 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Login Database Design & Permissioning

• Saucy!
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Login Database Design & Permissioning

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:54 AM

Edited topic title to be descriptive of the problem at hand. Please use descriptive titles when posting questions.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2010 - 07:19 AM

First of all, you need to tell us what is you knowledge of C#, so we are able to provide you with help that is based on your programming skills...

Secondly, have you already planed the database schema (like all the tables you need for that application)?

Thirdly, what kind of data are regular users going to be creating? You need to know that with complexity of your program, the database complexity will grow as well.

Have you already written any code for this application?

Do you have any pictures of your GUI design?

What database are you going to use?

Is this a web or desktop application? If first, then you should post your question in ASP.NET section on this forum.

More answers you will provide, better help we'll be able to give you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:07 AM

I'm a beginner at c#. Have been using it for a few months. The program is a desktop application. I havent started coding, first I'm planning it out. Here is a basic image of the regular user GUI. The user can get a previously created record and write a new entry to it using the textbox below and the new entry gets writen to the textbox on the right (if there was a previous entry, it adds to it). The entries get saved by first recording the time it was made followed by a space and then the entry writen by the user and when a new entry is made, a line is skipped before the entry is written to the textbox.
HOW DO I INSERT AN IMAGE BELOW MY POST? The 'insert image' in the text editor needs a URL
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:14 AM

Use the attach file.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:23 AM

here it isAttached File  vis.bmp (1.04MB)
Number of downloads: 182
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:20 AM

Could you explain what is the record name?

By the way: are you going to use database to store your records or are you planning to store in in some different way (text file, xml file,...)?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:30 AM

Yeah, I'm going to use a database. The record name can be any unique identifier. I might use a person's name or an ID number. So when I enter that persons details and press get record, I'll see what I wrote about that person and the day the entry was made and I can add to that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1