How do i compile 2 C# source files together on win7

• (2 Pages)
  • +

25 Replies - 4578 Views - Last Post: 05 August 2010 - 07:04 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: How do i compile 2 C# source files together on win7

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:18 AM

i didnt say i have two main methods i said in visual studio u cant have more than one main in a project.
secondly i didnt say i was using visual studio i said i do use visual studio.

am studying, am learning c# with the help of a book, at every chapter i create a folder, and a chapter has a lot of examples. Lets say in chapter 1 the author uses 2 classes to make an illustration, take my posted code for example it was written in the book. i read, write to my editor compile and study the code to understand what the author is saying. its not like am tryn to be a thickheaded dude here.

when am done with example1 will i have to create another project for example2? the author is teaching foundation skills to know c#. Sorry if this sounds so dramatic
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 June 2010 - 09:28 AM

i didnt say i was using visual studio i said i do use visual studio.

It's double-talk like that, that makes it incredibly hard to figure out what the frak you are doing or even talking about.

when am done with example1 will i have to create another project for example2?
I have no idea what book you are even using. I certainly have no idea what you will need to do with the examples. I don't know if the book is organized in a bunch of disjointed samples, or if it is meant to be followed chapter-by-chapter to make a single application. I bet the author included a means to contact him though. Maybe you should write him and ask him if his examples can be merged into a single application easily.

If it helps, I was self-taught from "How to code in C#" books as well. Just keep plugging away at it and you'll get it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:25 AM

i am not using visual studio = for the code i posted at dreamincode forum, that code was not written in visual studio, it was written in notepad.

i do use visual studio = for more advance C# application i use Visual studio.

The book is organised. i have no issue to discuss with the author, what am saying is that a single example is usually broken down into 2 classes, lets say they are 10 examples in chapter 1, example1 is a single program thats is broken down into two classes.

Class GradeBook.cs has the constructor and other methods.

Class GradeBookTest.cs has the Main method and calls the methods in class GradeBook.cs

Thanks so much for ur post hope u now understand what am tryin to say.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 08 June 2010 - 11:47 AM

Write in English as best you can and at the very least use proper capitalization. It's incredibly annoying to read crap wen U rt like dis. God damm.

Like you've been told over and over again, just use Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express. It's 100% free to use.

Write in English as best you can and at the very least use proper capitalization. It's incredibly annoying to read crap wen U rt like dis. God damm.

Like you've been told over and over again, just use Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express. It's 100% free to use.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:57 AM

View Poststapia.gutierrez, on 08 June 2010 - 10:47 AM, said:

i dont know the post u referring to, if its the first one OK but any other than that, does it look like french
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:16 AM

Let me try a rephrasing of what he was saying

I might recommend in the future you try to pick up the level of your posting in order to get the best response from others. The people here are professionals in the industry, who have chosen to donate their time and experience to coding community. Writing on a 6th grade level with little or no punctuation, no capitalization, a bunch of SMS text-speak abbreviations, and 'hood speak like "ma frend b maken dis, dat an d utha" is disrespectful of the position they have attained. If you can't be bothered taking the time to proofread your own post ('frist' instead of 'first' for example) you demonstrate that your problem doesn't rate a lot of importance for you. If it has no importance for you, it stands to reason it would have even less importance to others.

I'm not trying to come down on you. I'm just trying to point out that your writing style will directly affect the quality of the responses you receive to your problem. We all want to help each other and I want to see you get the most positive feedback you can get.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:27 AM

View PosttlhIn, on 09 June 2010 - 08:16 AM, said:

Let me try a rephrasing of what he was saying

I might recommend in the future you try to pick up the level of your posting in order to get the best response from others. The people here are professionals in the industry, who have chosen to donate their time and experience to coding community. Writing on a 6th grade level with little or no punctuation, no capitalization, a bunch of SMS text-speak abbreviations, and 'hood speak like "ma frend b maken dis, dat an d utha" is disrespectful of the position they have attained. If you can't be bothered taking the time to proofread your own post ('frist' instead of 'first' for example) you demonstrate that your problem doesn't rate a lot of importance for you. If it has no importance for you, it stands to reason it would have even less importance to others.

I'm not trying to come down on you. I'm just trying to point out that your writing style will directly affect the quality of the responses you receive to your problem. We all want to help each other and I want to see you get the most positive feedback you can get.

tlhIn'toq, you're pissing into the wind...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Google.Sucks.Init(true);
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:29 AM

And it's really windy :wacko:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 June 2010 - 10:47 AM

RedSontlhIn'toq, you're pissing into the wind...

Well... sideways to the wind. Its not getting on me. Where are you standing? Hopefully not down-wind.

99% of the time reminding people to be curteous really is pointless. But doing so is free and does no harm. I also make comments and the McDonalds drive thru
  • Cashier: That'll be 7.50
  • Clint: Nobody knows how to say 'please' anymore, huh?
and have recently noticed that a change has taken place at my local outlet. Maybe the manager overheard me, or just notices he hears the comment allot. My local Starbucks has gotten better about at least acknowledging customers that are waiting, instead of saying nothing. Maybe that's because when I walk out without buying anything they hear me say in a stage-whisper "If they are so successful they don't need to acknowledge my very presence, they must not need my money."

I also stop and let people exit the parking lot on the street.

"Lead by example" as my drill sergeant pounded into us. Well... that and "Don't aim in my direction." <laugh>
"Victory starts here" was the motto of Ft. Jackson where I took basic training and I've tried to apply that to every 'here' I am at, even if that 'here' is the start of a new coding project.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:56 AM

Thanks tlhIn'toq i will work towards writing a better post in the future. I eventually solved it using visual studio and i saw how silly my questions and post was, but i still got answers from you guys. Thanks to you all.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#26 Guest_Christophe Trevisani Chave*

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:04 PM

put 2 source code in same namespace (namespace myNamespace { class myClass{ }}) and in the same folder and call csc.exe (%WINDIR%\microsoft\framework.net\v2.*) and pass reference by passing \reference:DLLpath if its have usings.

Christophe Trevisani Chavey.
Was This Post Helpful? -1

• (2 Pages)
  • +