Chrome Extension Option Page

Should be very basic help...

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 1142 Views - Last Post: 08 June 2010 - 05:31 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Chrome Extension Option Page

Posted 05 June 2010 - 05:35 PM

Iíve been working on a Google Chrome extension that reads the feed from http://theoatmeal.com/ and it works perfectly. I published it already, but now Iím trying to create an options page to change the feed between TheOatmeal and TheOatmealís Twitter feed. Eventually Iíll add badges so people know when a new update occurs, but thatís beside the point.

The current problem Iím having now is an ďif this, do thisĒ statement, I believe. I really donít know all that much about Javascript, but once I get both feeds working correctly, I wonít have to.

My option.html and option.js files are both attached in the .zip.

Inside my manifest.json file has "popup": 'popup.html' which is TheOatmeal site's RSS feed. 'popup2.html' is only in the folder of the extension, but it contains the JS script for the Twitter RSS feed.

If anyone could redirect me to a decent tutorial or sample, or simply show me what I need to add, Iíd be very grateful.

As for research, yes, I have. Iíve been looking through w3school tutorials and searching around for example options pages. The current option page I have came from a tutorial that I chopped up and added my own stuff to.

Hopefully I worded this right...

Attached File(s)

• Attached File  files.zip (800bytes)
    Number of downloads: 137

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Chrome Extension Option Page

#2 Guest_Jared*

Re: Chrome Extension Option Page

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:45 PM

Anyone??
Was This Post Helpful? 0

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 June 2010 - 12:40 PM

Could you explain more what you're trying to do? Something like, when the user does this, then this is supposed to happen
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 08 June 2010 - 05:31 PM

When the user saves the option page with the 'Twitter' feed for example, popup2.html is displayed when the extension is clicked.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1