8 Replies - 4084 Views - Last Post: 25 March 2011 - 07:24 AM

#1 Guest_Guest*

joomla blog extension

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:56 AM

which is the best blog component for joomla cms which has typical features like a wordpress websites such as creating blog posts, user comments on blog post, arranging posts into different categories, archiving posts, recent comments, tag cloud, blogroll and other features of a wordpress website

please advice

thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: joomla blog extension

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: joomla blog extension

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:30 AM

Check out these. Can't tell you which is the best - I don't use Joomla... it sucks. ;)
Was This Post Helpful? -2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:11 AM

mahcuz Please don't just say Joomla sucks, if you think another CMS is better why not say that, and back it up with your evidence, that way he can make an informed decision.

If you are willing and technically minded, Joomla is one of the best CMS's but sadly it doesn't have the massive community that the likes of WordPress have. If you know what you are doing Joomla can do things that its competitors can't, and I find it much easier to modify that many other CMS's.

OP in response to your question, I used EasyBlog until I built my own, a demo for EasyBlog can be seen here.

This post has been edited by KingCuddles: 16 June 2010 - 05:13 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:16 AM

You're kidding me? Joomla *does* suck. Working with it was unbelievably painful. Extending it was unbelievably painful. It is shoddily written.

Also, please don't down-vote me simply because I expressed an opinion. If you'd take another look, you'd see that I pointed the user to resources to help the OP.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:26 AM

View Postmahcuz, on 16 June 2010 - 04:16 AM, said:

You're kidding me? Joomla *does* suck. Working with it was unbelievably painful. Extending it was unbelievably painful. It is shoddily written.

Also, please don't down-vote me simply because I expressed an opinion. If you'd take another look, you'd see that I pointed the user to resources to help the OP.

I gave you negative rep because you simply said:

I don't use Joomla... it sucks.

Which quite frankly is no use to anyone, I (perhaps stupidly) assumed you were a fan boy who just preferred WordPress, and just decided to mock Joomla. If you had of said that you found developing for Joomla a pain in the arse then I wouldn't of had a problem.

Sorry if I came of as aggressive, that wasn't my intention. With details of the new Xbox being released many of the tech forums I moderate have been filled with fan boy comments simply stating that the Microsoft/Xbox suck, without any reasoning. Sorry if I took it out on you.

That being said I LOVE Joomla because I find it very easy to work with, but hey I always was a weirdo :). Also lets be honest the name Joomla sounds AWESOME, not that that is a reason to use it :D.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:43 AM

Why wont you use the typical joomla article/blog just add JComments component and add additional modules like recent articles and alike.

I respect machuz's opinion because all developers have its own ups and downs when it comes to usage of the technology.

I love Joomla, but consider this, if you use it to a suitable project scenario like paid subscriptions and membership and alike with Ecommerce functionality with blogging, you'll love Joomla and by the way, why won't you use Wordpress for blogging type of websites?

I usually pick the right CMS for the task. I'm not sticking with only one CMS.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• CEO of GeekTelligence
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

Jookla is a good CMS if you are looking for better designs but Drupal is a stronger actual system for the content but to be hones I use WordPress.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 August 2010 - 04:00 AM

I work with both: Joomla and Wordpress at different websites and I think both are great, but Joomla has some bugs when writing the articles in the editor which are annoying, but it's awesome when it comes to managing the content.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:24 AM

If you ever need to upgrade to a new blogging system , use LyftenBloggie , it is excellent
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1