3 Replies - 496 Views - Last Post: 07 June 2010 - 10:31 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Adding a posting system to an existing site.

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:02 PM

Hey guys, i just recently made a layout for a company's intranet site as a project they assigned. I am a student still learning web and i wanted to add a simple posting system like a news update area. The html and CSS is already made for the site and they are satisfied with the way it looks, i just need to add the functionality of adding a news feed. Currently the content placed inside of it is all hard coded. The image attached is what my site looks like currently; obviously the middle area is where i would like the posting capabilities to exist.

Thanks in advance,
Panic

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Adding a posting system to an existing site.

• Java Enthusiast
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Adding a posting system to an existing site.

Posted 06 June 2010 - 05:25 PM

Do you know a server-side scripting language? What does the companies server support? Anyway if you don't know a server side scripting Language go learn one at w3schools.com.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 June 2010 - 08:02 AM

Currently i know some VB.net, which to be honest i dislike. I'll try whipping something up and let you know how it goes.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 June 2010 - 10:31 AM

okay...so I'm having a lot of issues making it myself. All i want is a simple posting system that whenever it posts, i want it formatted something like this:

<div class="header">header content</div>
<div class="mainContent">main content</div>

I need it to post it in a specific area of my html which is in the <div="wrap"></div> area otherwise my css tends to not play nice with it. Right now the server I'm working with is using aspx pages. I have no clue how to go about this anymore (i probably need A LOT more experience with internet coding).

This post has been edited by Panic: 07 June 2010 - 10:32 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1