1 Replies - 539 Views - Last Post: 09 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

#1 Guest_GreenSpiral*

Resizing graphics

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

In my game I need to have different sizes for my tile graphics. The graphic I have is right now 96 pixels by 96 pixels. I need to beable to make it bigger or smaller. A range between 48 - 128 pixels. What is the best way to keep the graphics looking good.
Another option would be to make 4 different files for each picture for each size but would take up a lot more memory. I also saw an "intelligent image resizer" in flash on the internet. But it probably was probably to complex to include in a game.
One final option is to create graphics dynamically using gradient fills, layers, blending, and blur filters to make good looking graphics at different sizes.
What is the best way to resize my graphics?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: Resizing graphics

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Resizing graphics

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:18 PM

I am not sure what would happen to the quality when attempting this suggestion, but I would try making the largest image you will be using (so 128 px in your case) and then using flash to scale it down when needed (for smaller sizes). It would take up only as much memory as was needed for the 128x128 image and should (theoretically) allow for good quality down-scaling.

Hope that makes sense/ helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1