URL Restrictions/Legalities

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 13112 Views - Last Post: 02 September 2010 - 01:03 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

URL Restrictions/Legalities

Posted 15 June 2010 - 06:18 AM

Hi Guys,

Hopefully someone can give me an answer on this, although it may require a legal professionals advice.

If as an example I was to buy the domain name Samsung.co.uk, and I was a distributor of Samsung products, my business was called something TV's and had a Something TV's logo etc... so the only thing Samsung would be the products I sell and the domain. Am I legally ok to do this or could Samsung get upset and take legal action?

Thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: URL Restrictions/Legalities

• Barbarbar
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: URL Restrictions/Legalities

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:15 AM

Samsung could definitely take legal action - generally the complaint would be that you're abusing their trademark for personal gain (or something similar).

Here's the story of something similar that went down: Microsoft vs. MikeRoweSoft
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: URL Restrictions/Legalities

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:03 PM

Also because Samsung is probably a corporation, that means they have rights on that name and trademark. If you try to register a company(Corporation) under that name they simply won't let you because it has already been taking. Unless you go with a different license for a company and still choose that name, just remember Samsung has money and you probably won't have a cent after there done with you.

Just a thought!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1