11 Replies - 2112 Views - Last Post: 17 August 2006 - 06:59 AM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

including flash

Post icon  Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:03 PM

i have just downloaded yahoo site builer... is there any way i can include flash into it?? to give my web a classy look??
:rolleyes:

This post has been edited by brainy_creature: 12 August 2006 - 11:05 PM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: including flash

• code.ninja
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: including flash

Posted 13 August 2006 - 08:22 AM

Yup, it's actually pretty easy. Do you have the Flash (.swf) Movie already made? If so, them it's just a question of embedding it into an HTML doc (probably your index) and uploading both to your webspace.

If you don't have the Flash made yet, you can download Macro Flash Pro 8 for 30 days HERE. For information about creating the flash movie, check out our resources & tutorials sections.

Once it's made in MFP8, choose Export --> check the HTML AND Flash(.swf) Movie boxes, naming the files as you'd like, then hit export. Upload both the .swf and the HTML file to the same directory. Either include a link to this HTML page from the index, or name the new HTML page 'index' and have it replace the old one, depending on what you want to do.

Whew! Any questions?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:26 AM

View PostSPlutard, on 13 Aug, 2006 - 08:22 AM, said:

Yup, it's actually pretty easy. Do you have the Flash (.swf) Movie already made? If so, them it's just a question of embedding it into an HTML doc (probably your index) and uploading both to your webspace.

If you don't have the Flash made yet, you can download Macro Flash Pro 8 for 30 days HERE. For information about creating the flash movie, check out our resources & tutorials sections.

Once it's made in MFP8, choose Export --> check the HTML AND Flash(.swf) Movie boxes, naming the files as you'd like, then hit export. Upload both the .swf and the HTML file to the same directory. Either include a link to this HTML page from the index, or name the new HTML page 'index' and have it replace the old one, depending on what you want to do.

Whew! Any questions?

:rolleyes: yes .. i do have some more questions..
does that 30 days trial charge.. once the 30 days period is over?? my problem is that i don't want to pay!!
i have been given this link before also.. but i don't really know which way to go next...
the information you have given me is awesome...
but what if i don't have a movie ready?? do i have to make it on that software just mentioned!!
and one morething.. can you give me the direct link to the tutorial you are talking about.. as i get really confused seen loads of information as i am just a newcomer to this field.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:44 AM

After 30 days of using Macromedia Flash you will have to buy it because it will stop working. There will be some investment necessary when it comes to web-design. For a cheaper deal, if you are a student you can find it at education prices.

Flash is for making vector animations, so yes you will have to make your movie in flash.

I can't give you the link to just one resource, go to the navigation on the top of this page and click the resources tab, look for the flash link, click that and you should see a nice list of good places to learn flash.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• code.ninja
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 August 2006 - 10:58 AM

Don't worry about asking questions - that's what we're here for.

Here's a link to our Flash tutorials HERE. These tutorials may not be what you're looking for, so feel free to google "Flash Tutorial" and see what you get. Note: our tutorials were written when Flash MX was the current version. Now, the most current version is Flash Pro 8, so there may be slight discrepencies.

As far as the trial goes, it'll let you use the software for 30 days. After that, it won't let you access anything except a window that asks you if you'd like to buy the full version - it WON'T automatically charge your card after the trial ends. (On a side note, if you can prove that you're a student somewhere - like a local community college or High school (I have no idea how old you are... :P)- try JourneyEd.com for a big educational discount - that's where I got mine.)

If you don't already have the .swf movie, you'll have to make it using that software (or an older version would work, Like Flash MX, - it just won't offer as many features). This is where those tutorials come in. Sounds like you have no Flash experience (which is ok), which means that you'll probably have no idea where to start. If you want a book, I reccommend Flash Pro 8 HOT (ISBN: 0321293886 ). That's what I learned with - it's very easy to follow along, and by the end, you'll be able to create a full-fledged Flash site. It's not that long either - and even comes with a CD-ROM with all the examples in the book. I'm sure you'll be able to find other resources on the 'Net too, if you look in the right places.

Anything else? :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Post icon  Posted 14 August 2006 - 12:58 AM

:D wow.......... thanks a lot.. now if i come up with what i have been dreaming about then all the credit will go you people , hmmm i just now checked out the link.. the book seems to be a lil on the expensive side.. any ways ... i'll try getting it for the best rates... and is there any expiry date for that free download version??? coz am planning to take some time out and wait till i get that book so that i don't land with a dysaster.....
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• code.ninja
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:27 AM

Nope - that trial will probably be on there for a long time - download it whenever.

Hope you enjoy learning Flash, and feel free to post any questions or problems you come across.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Post icon  Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:12 AM

yesterday while removing a program i realised that i have micromedia flash 8 on my comp... i haven't really seen it's icon but it was just present on the program's list...
can that be used to create flash.. or is it just for viewing flash program.........?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• code.ninja
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:55 AM

Could be either. What,exactly, is the program called?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:06 AM

View PostSPlutard, on 15 Aug, 2006 - 06:55 AM, said:

Could be either. What,exactly, is the program called?

it's called " macromedia flash player 8"
and i have also got "macromedia shockwave player"
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:49 PM

Those are flash players, not the software used to create flash animations.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:59 AM

View PostAmadeus, on 16 Aug, 2006 - 04:49 PM, said:

Those are flash players, not the software used to create flash animations.

okay thanks a lot for helping.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1