1 Replies - 1386 Views - Last Post: 19 June 2010 - 07:00 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

accessing Webserver and streaming server on a local machine

Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

Hi there. I have a small peer-to-peer network consisting of only 2 machines. They both have static IPs. I have a webserver on one of the machines that hosts a webpage into which i have a flash recorder embedded that fetches live streams to a Flash streaming server. The streaming server uses the RTMP protocol. I'm able to access the live stream on my local machine successfully (i.e. two browser windows, one for fetching the live feed and one for viewing the live feed). I am able to access the page from the other machine using the IP of the machine that has the servers on it. http://192.168.10.1/pages/index.html.
However the embedded player is unable to connect to the streaming server. When accessing the streaming server from the local machine, the recorder uses rtmp://localhost/oflaDemo and it works fine. when i access it from the other machines' browser, it doesn't work. When i replace the localhost with the IP of the machine with the servers, it does not work either. So the problem is the IP to use.
I was thinking that if I can access the webserver using the IP of the machine, why can't i access the streaming server with the IP of the machine as well.

Any Ideas?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: accessing Webserver and streaming server on a local machine

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: accessing Webserver and streaming server on a local machine

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:00 PM

The default port for RMTP is 1935, see if it's blocked on the webservers firewall.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1