1 Replies - 971 Views - Last Post: 21 June 2010 - 09:43 PM Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Cameron*

Shell using wrong User Profile

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:36 AM

Due to domain security restrictions (which are NOT subject to change!), my app's users have two accounts: DomainElevated (to run applications across the network) and SystemElevated (giving elevated permissions on the local machine).

I have a small app hosted on a network share. -- The user opens a network share with "run as..." and executes the app. Works fine!

Until... This app shells an IE process but that process runs as a local (SystemElevated) user process and not as a child, running with the DomainElevated privileges.

I had thought that the shell'd process would run with the same privileges as the parent, but this is not so. The app cannot see the IE object properties of the new process. If I log onto the local system with my DomainElevated account/profile, then it sees the shell'd process just fine.

The code I use is very straightforward:

Browser = Shell("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE https://sub.generic.com", 1) 

Any advice for how to have the child have the same properties/permissions as the parent?

(I did try searching for this subject, but I did not see anything... obviously. :-) )

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0

Replies To: Shell using wrong User Profile

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Re: Shell using wrong User Profile

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:43 PM

I think you may have to use the CreateProcess API...

Good Luck
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1