Problems "Listening" to Commands

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1645 Views - Last Post: 21 June 2010 - 03:26 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Java & AppleScript for Voice Control

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

Hello Internet,

I have recently started work on a project to create a module for a program of mine to allow for the user to interact with the program without the use of a keyboard and through the use of their voice. I was not really able to find much in the way for free to use voice software so I found a way to use both Java and Applescript to move a copy of the systems output to vocal form. Now I am stuck on getting commands / user interactions from the user via vocals and I am stuck. Does anyone know of any java packages or a way to use the built in mac osx program for commands? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note its running on Mac OSX only so windows tools are not an option.

Cheers,
Scoe

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Java & AppleScript for Voice Control

• Winning
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Java & AppleScript for Voice Control

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:14 PM

You may want to have a look at this with regards to speech recognition. As for mac osx, im too familiar with this OS but found this tutorial if its of help. Remember, Java was created to run on all operating systems, so I doubt there will be an api that will directly call java code without using a Applescript parser or something.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Java & AppleScript for Voice Control

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:26 PM

View Postm-e-g-a-z, on 21 June 2010 - 02:14 PM, said:

You may want to have a look at this with regards to speech recognition. As for mac osx, im too familiar with this OS but found this tutorial if its of help. Remember, Java was created to run on all operating systems, so I doubt there will be an api that will directly call java code without using a Applescript parser or something.

Thanks! those will be a huge help! I have all ready pretty much nailed down Java interacting with AppleScript it was the Speech stuff that had me stumped. Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,
Mat
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1