5 Replies - 2553 Views - Last Post: 17 August 2006 - 09:13 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Game programming

Post icon  Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:07 PM

Hi, my name is Gavin and I'm 18 and pretty new to this concept!

Im not studying any programming at the moment what it is I have an idea for a web based game, and need someone to point me in the right direction of having it constructed, or maybe they can build it for me.

The game would be web based and would have 3D and virtual reality graphics.

please help

Gavin
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Game programming

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Game programming

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:10 PM

Web based with 3D graphics? I haven't heard anything that can help you make it. I havent even heard of games like that.

But if its web based you'd probably want to learn php and javascript
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:15 PM

http://www.web3d.org/

X3D is a royalty-free open standards file format and run-time architecture to represent and communicate 3D scenes and objects using XML. It is an ISO ratified standard that provides a system for the storage, retrieval and playback of real time graphics content embedded in applications, all within an open architecture to support a wide array of domains and user scenarios.

X3D has a rich set of componentized features that can tailored for use in engineering and scientific visualization, CAD and architecture, medical visualization, training and simulation, multimedia, entertainment, education, and more.

The development of real-time communication of 3D data across all applications and network applications has evolved from its beginnings as the Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML) to the considerably more mature and refined X3D standard.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:26 PM

View PostMrafcho001, on 16 Aug, 2006 - 03:10 PM, said:

Web based with 3D graphics? I haven't heard anything that can help you make it. I havent even heard of games like that.

But if its web based you'd probably want to learn php and javascript

Thanks for the information, and i'll overlook your site.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• code.rascal
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 August 2006 - 09:31 PM

What do you mean under the term web based?
Some possibilities:
3D flash/shockwave ( like Phosphor - Rasterwerks )- I'm not sure if it you can do multiplayer games with this
Java webstart - starts from a web page, but launches an application, that can use whatever 3D graphics possible in Java (like Jake 2 webstart, can use OpenGL
Java applet - "runs in the browser", but a bit trickier than the webstart version, I am not sure right now if it can use OpenGL acceleration, but 3D graphics is possible, and multiplayer, too
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 August 2006 - 09:13 AM

View Post1lacca, on 16 Aug, 2006 - 09:31 PM, said:

What do you mean under the term web based?
Some possibilities:
3D flash/shockwave ( like Phosphor - Rasterwerks )- I'm not sure if it you can do multiplayer games with this
Java webstart - starts from a web page, but launches an application, that can use whatever 3D graphics possible in Java (like Jake 2 webstart, can use OpenGL
Java applet - "runs in the browser", but a bit trickier than the webstart version, I am not sure right now if it can use OpenGL acceleration, but 3D graphics is possible, and multiplayer, too

The game has to be programmed into a website, people access the website, come to a home page then choose to play the game. They also have to be able to hyperlink out of the game and go to others sites.

I want it that players dont connect with each other, I mean, E.G. if it was a battle type game they would not play against each other. (it isn't a battle type game by the way). but I want it that it played by more than one person at a time E.G one in uk can be playing also one in USA can play at same time.

Im not that clued up when it comes to computers!!! but every peice of information helps, im also looking for people to build it for me.

View Postskyhawk133, on 16 Aug, 2006 - 03:15 PM, said:

http://www.web3d.org/

X3D is a royalty-free open standards file format and run-time architecture to represent and communicate 3D scenes and objects using XML. It is an ISO ratified standard that provides a system for the storage, retrieval and playback of real time graphics content embedded in applications, all within an open architecture to support a wide array of domains and user scenarios.

X3D has a rich set of componentized features that can tailored for use in engineering and scientific visualization, CAD and architecture, medical visualization, training and simulation, multimedia, entertainment, education, and more.

The development of real-time communication of 3D data across all applications and network applications has evolved from its beginnings as the Virtual Reality Modeling Language (VRML) to the considerably more mature and refined X3D standard.

Thanks that site looks very interesting.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1